iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

couple pics... post what your currently cutting

Started by RunningRoot, January 27, 2015, 08:41:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

ehp

nice looking stuff Barge, you will be making so much money you will have to buy 2 new JD skidders so not to have to pay so much income tax .

ehp

Barge I just had to move to another bush, I got flooded out where I was, you should see this timber ;D, its junk so yes I do end up cutting junk . Its still sawlogs but on the other end of the scale . Its work but I got to work a lot harder to make any money in this kind of stuff >:(

ehp

the mill here would cry to get ash that nice and pay pretty nice dollars , 8 years or so ago I use to cut ash like that but not anymore

nativewolf

Quote from: ehp on June 26, 2019, 09:19:47 PM
Barge I just had to move to another bush, I got flooded out where I was, you should see this timber ;D, its junk so yes I do end up cutting junk . Its still sawlogs but on the other end of the scale . Its work but I got to work a lot harder to make any money in this kind of stuff >:(
I always enjoy your rare pics, send us some pics of what you consider junk.  
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

Quote from: barbender on June 26, 2019, 02:06:37 AM
Nice! Go to bed!😁
We are friends on FB, you know exactly what I'm doing up at 0200 in the morning 😂😂🤟 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: nativewolf on June 26, 2019, 09:42:48 PM
Quote from: ehp on June 26, 2019, 09:19:47 PM
I always enjoy your rare pics, send us some pics of what you consider junk.  
His "junk" is our veneer, 😂 he talked about hiring in the 1 post, I asked if it was U.S dollars and he got quiet 😂 

BargeMonkey

Another day trying to stay savage. Didnt get much sleep last night 😂 still 10hrs in the buncher today, man can you cover ground, scattered wood but PILES on the ground.  

I'm going to buy one of these with my excess cash flow, a 2nd loader doesnt hurt.

ehp

ya , the mill does not like me posting pictures , There is some truth in our junk cause I have seen lots of pictures of what other say are veneer and I cannot get top saw log grade for what I seen , Veneer here pretty much means perfect log .. The stuff I cut today is real junk , red pine and black and red oak, butt log is ok but rest of the hardwood will go for pallet . The faster I get my butt out of this job the better I will feel

ehp

No buncher here Barge, they would throw you in jail if you showed up with one of those :o

BargeMonkey

Quote from: ehp on June 27, 2019, 09:17:48 PM
No buncher here Barge, they would throw you in jail if you showed up with one of those :o
10yrs ago the mechanical thing was just coming around in this area, now the forester I'm working with really only wants to see iron, yeah on the final cut hardwood jobs your going to see saws and cable skidders, not in this junk. I need to quit screwing around and go CTL. 

BargeMonkey

In a patch of decent ones today, lost half the day dealing with DOT and boat physical. 👎 

That's all I want to cut and swing, you can cut bigger but you better just push. 
 That can stay right there. 😂

Wonder why I dont get any wood cut. 
 My Budweiser distributor dropped these off today.... proceed with caution 😂 

ehp

the junk Im cutting is about 300 ft per tree average in hardwood and 200 ft per tree in red pine , I started yesterday just about lunch time and Im about 20% finished so far , faster I get out of there the better ;D. Now we see Barge is cutting the sweet timber where us old guys are cutting junk and making about 50 cents per load

nativewolf

Quote from: ehp on June 27, 2019, 09:15:44 PM
ya , the mill does not like me posting pictures , There is some truth in our junk cause I have seen lots of pictures of what other say are veneer and I cannot get top saw log grade for what I seen , Veneer here pretty much means perfect log .. The stuff I cut today is real junk , red pine and black and red oak, butt log is ok but rest of the hardwood will go for pallet . The faster I get my butt out of this job the better I will feel
Hope you get drier soon and back on your good logs.  
Liking Walnut

BargeMonkey

Well... I decided since my slasher was down I was going to LAY IT DOWN 😂 and by Tuesday be slashing again. My mechanic was seriously injured last night when his tractor rolled over, he's alive but it's going to be quite a while till he's working again, yeah..... 

Plankton

Been in some really nice big pine dont take many pictures this is the only one I have of it last hitch of the day. Havent cut any under 30" lots of fun 2 tree hitches for the ol 540g3.

nativewolf

Quote from: Plankton on June 28, 2019, 09:03:02 PM
Been in some really nice big pine dont take many pictures this is the only one I have of it last hitch of the day. Havent cut any under 30" lots of fun 2 tree hitches for the ol 540g3.

Should have no problem moving that nice wood!  Heck Peter might have already called.
Liking Walnut

barbender

That's the kind of wood a guy and a cable skidder can actually get some production in!👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

Peter Drouin

Nice stuff. Is that all cut 16' 14'?  Some mills like King dropped the price on 12'
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

ehp

I would be trying to cut as many longer logs in that pine I could here, 18,20,22 ft I get $150/1000 more and 24,26,28,30 and 32ft as long as small end is at 20 inch in I get $300/1000 more than 8 to 16 ft sawlogs

ehp

Barge that's not good to hear on your guy , hope he comes out of it ok

Plankton

We get make as many long logs as we can but the mill it's going to (not sure where somewhere in canada) pays us straight through. They just dont like 10s but they still buy them.

Ya it's beautiful stuff. I chop and the guy I work for runs skidder and we've been getting around 2.5 self loader loads a day. Short hauling so those are freighted loads. Really easy to make production in this stuff cut 9 trees the other day and made 2 loads.

Blue Noser

A few of the stands on the chopping block for the summer.

Picture 1) White spruce plantation to be commercially thinned. Stand has been herbicided and PCT'd in the past.
Picture 2) Natural black spruce stand in a poor growing area. Shallow/wet soils.
Picture 3) Balsam fir stand which had been PCT'd and commercially thinned.

Peter Drouin

Quote from: Plankton on June 29, 2019, 02:18:28 PM
We get make as many long logs as we can but the mill it's going to (not sure where somewhere in canada) pays us straight through. They just dont like 10s but they still buy them.

Ya it's beautiful stuff. I chop and the guy I work for runs skidder and we've been getting around 2.5 self loader loads a day. Short hauling so those are freighted loads. Really easy to make production in this stuff cut 9 trees the other day and made 2 loads.

All the way to Canada. They will like them.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

BargeMonkey

Quickest way to lower your IQ is to cut wood without a slasher, not to bad running this skidder behind a Timbco but this blows. 😂🤮 

Thank You Sponsors!