iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 365 compression

Started by bandmiller2, April 20, 2009, 07:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

I have a 365 I bought for parts at a flea market for$3.50 very low comp.Jug was good put new piston and rings and bearings and seals.Saw has run for two years but is still hard to pull over because of compression.I have to drop start just one comp at a time till it kicks then pulls over normal.It has no comp release.Not complaning mind you but is it normal to have that much compression??nothing is binding and it has power most saws would die for.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

rebocardo

> It has no comp release

There is a decompression valve on the right side you push in to start the saw. It pops out once the saw fires. You should not have to drop start the saw. The 365/372 saws are very easy to start.

If there is a plug there instead, they are $15 new from Baileys.

bandmiller2

Theirs no comp. release,or place to mount one.Possibly older saw not "3" series but 65 piston fit, serial plate worn hard to read.I know what you mean many times will forget to push comp. release on the 372 pulls over easy.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Rocky_J

If it's worth tearing in to again, you could add a thicker base gasket. I'll guess that your squish (distance between piston and top of cylinder at TDC) is very tight, causing extra high compression.

Thank You Sponsors!