iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Fighting an infection

Started by Jeff, March 08, 2012, 03:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Last night I was watching a rerun of a show called "An Idiot Abroad, The Bucket List"  THey have this character that goes around experiencing things that are on other peoples bucket list, not his.  Anyhow, at one point he was talking about his girl friend, and it made me wonder what the heck she might look like. So I came out and googled Carl Pilkington's girlfriend, Saw a likley looking link, and clicked on it.  Well, I had all kinds of pop ups and alarms going off on my computer, so I got the heck out of there. To late, What ever security systems I had on my main computer were not enough.  I've got some sort of browser hijacker that keeps sending me through search milk.net.   

I've been working since yesterday evening trying to get it cleared off, and the dang thing is still hiding somewhere.  I'm posting this from my hated laptop.  Jeremy came over and worked for about 6 hours on the thing. We may have got it, but not sure. We were sure 3 times already today and that got  us no where. Jeremy had to go, and I'm running another scan with the paid version of malwarebytes to see if there is anything still there.

Most of the time, I'm a rather gentle person, but I swear, if I had access to the freaks that create this crap, I'd have no mercy. It's not only sucked up my time, it's making me ill in mood and body. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

Tsk,tsk, tsk.  (Shaking finger) and u da pro.  I stopped going to unknown sites because of that.  Some thing perfectly innocent in appearance, and bang, the bells go off.  I researched a lot on guns and equipment, and am just about to give that up.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Magicman

Ya could AXE um while you still have it.  Nah, that would be too good for them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

After about a total of 20 hours of messing with this stupid thing, and about a $100 worth of software registrations. it looks like it's finally clean. We were one step from reformatting the dang thing.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30