iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Norwood LM29 uneven thickness

Started by dirthawger, May 17, 2018, 05:28:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirthawger

I've been working out the kinks in my sawmill,  I thought I had everything good to go but I'm having issues with my blade diving if that's the correct terminology. I have 11.5" on one end and 11 on the other.  I've tightened my drive belt, my blade is tight,  I'm not sure what else to check.  Only thing I can think is it's a bad blade because I did throw it this morning.  It's not throwing anymore but from what I understand,  once a blade is thrown,  it's no longer good.

Southside

Could be a lot of things, even simply stress in the log.  Try a new band in a different log, one that is as knot free as possible and has a centered pith, nothing gigantic, but middle of the road size.  I have had logs with stress bounce a 4x4 right off the cant and just about off the mill when I finished the cut.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

dirthawger

My tracks were not level.  I have the mobile version and the stands that come with it seem flimsy. After i fill the orders I have I'm going to take it off the trailer and make it stationary.  Seems like it could break easily every time I load a log.

Thank You Sponsors!