iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry Engineering

Started by BlaBla, September 21, 2003, 10:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaBla

What is it? Is there a demand for the job? Are there any forestry engineers here?

Thanks

Texas Ranger

When I took the course work in college, yea those many years ago, it was primarily road building.  Secondarily it was set design and construction.  all loggers should have a basic understanding of road and set design and construction, some do and some don't.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tillaway

What Don said, and cable systems out west.  Not much demand amymore.  A big chunk of the folks with that degree out here are loggers.  
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Fabiola

Hi Blabla!
I am a Forestry Engineer!
And here in Brasil we are quite big. Not all respactable since people still hiring agronomic engineer to do our job.
But now we have a governor that is Forestry Engineer and he graduated at the same university as me.
Here we are much more tide on environmental issues (at least that is me) that producer. In general I mean because if you think about the pump and paper companies and all the loog companies in Amazon Forestry they are prodecer.
What it is not comun here are small prodecer like most of the guys at this forum!
Some Asean contries such as Malasya and also Australia have a hrealy good universities with Forestry Enginnering degree programs.
It is a beautiful way of live. Go ahead and enjoy!
Fabíola
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Thank You Sponsors!