iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alright All You Swing Bladers

Started by Fla._Deadheader, May 24, 2003, 02:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAWYER_SLIM

check out lou browns web site, he is a peterson dealer up in canada. He also sell's modified unit's. He has one with a lynn bandsaw that rides in the same tracks as the swing blade. You can find a link to him at http://www.xmission.com/~sherwin/sawyer1.htm

Look in the in the equipment & sawyer's supplies  (peterson dealer)

slim

D._Frederick

Fla._,
I would stay away from the swingers, to many problems to make it work. I would look at using two swinger type blades on two mandrels spaced 90 degrees apart. MD drives the vertical mandrel with twist in the Vee belts, works well.
With this set-up you could cut-out 8x8 cants.

Going with a swinger, the gear box input shaft is center of rotation, the output shaft is the arbor. I don't know of an off the shelf gear box that would have the right dimensions.

I like the looks of your blade sharpener, it looks similar to Cooks saw. How big a job is it to make a cam, is it a trial and error operation?

Fla._Deadheader

All you guys, please stand by. I just got off the phone with a Manufacturer and we are about to make this conversion a reality. There should be no major problem with what I am trying to do, that he won't help me work out. He was quite interested in the idea of converting a bandmill.
  "D", The cam WAS trial and error, very slight error. We had to weld up the lifting part of the cam about 1/8th of an inch. It is a near perfect match of the profile of the T' wolf blades that we use.
   Now, I am waiting for a stone, so I can get some decent blades to saw with. Should be here tomorrow.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Haytrader

Harold,

Give these guys a look, as they have what you need. I talked to them on the phone and they said "no problem" doing what you want to do.
www.curtismachine.com

Haytrader

Thank You Sponsors!