iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mississippi teams did alright today

Started by Banjo picker, October 04, 2014, 07:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

First time I can ever remember that Ole Miss and Miss State were both undefeated this far in the season.  Hats off to both of them.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Gadrock

Today I am rehab'bin from all the sideline armchair help I was offering yesterday. In fact almost every miss hit was absorbed by me.

In the past I could run and run, but now I am a todal wreck. Although one could look at me and swear  I did nothing. So being completely worn out I washed down some aspirin with a jar of whiskey to celebrate to rest with sweet dreams.

Just a little while ago I was informed that both our teams were well rewarded in the football polls, some even showin both to be tied at 3 rd place.

As the commercial says: "It don't get much better than this!" Today is a great day to be a Mississippian.
LT40 G18,   bent Cresent wrench,   broken timing light
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

clww

They did pretty good today, too! I just saw the new AP Top-25 poll and they're both in the top ten. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

terry f

They sure took care of business today.

Banjo picker

Miss. State went from unranked to #1 in five weeks.  That's a record for the ap poll,  and Ole Miss is just a fuzz out of second behind Fl. State.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

DanG

Well I'm a Florida State fan, but I'm real happy to see the Miss. teams doing well.  I know how good it feels when your team comes out of the doldrums.  :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brianb88

MSU fan here but glad to see both teams playing well right now.  Cant wait till the Egg Bowl!   :snowball:

GO DAWGS!!    :)
Measure twice, cut once

Banjo picker

It could get very interesting.  Brian I have miss seeing a fellow Iukaian  on here.  Let me say welcome if it is a little late.  Maybe you could come by and see my mill sometime.  I am sending you a pm.  Banjo

Magicman

Ole Miss has done a number on Tennessee tonight.  34-3.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Banjo picker

Yep and the Ole Miss Quarterback Bo Wallace is from Pulaski Tenn. ... could be the Vols should have been looking a little harder at one of their own instead of letting him slip off down south. :)  Banjo

Magicman

Two more:  Southern Miss tops N. Texas 30-20, and Alcorn State tops Texas Southern 40-25.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Mississippi State 45 - Kentucky, 31.   It was a hard fought game.

Ole Miss plays LSU at LSU tonight.   :o

sawguy21

Did anyone watch Texas Tech getting their butts whupped by TCU? 67-20 at the end of the third. WOW!!!! Somebody is going to need a new job Monday morning.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

Nope, not tonight, but it was a nail biter, and some crazy stuff.  LSU 10,  Ole Miss 7.   :-\

Banjo picker

That last play by Ole Miss was a miscue...should have been either a sure fire completion or a throw away...and then get the field goal att. if needed... I thought LSU played really good defence... that was the diff.  Banjo

Gadrock

Last night MSState continued its winning column bu almost got whuuped by the most powerful....yet un ranked....Arkansas. It has never like that in my lifetime so I am enjoying it greatly.

Do not forget the auction that is running on the FF

david Gaddis

carry on
Prentice 280 loader, Prentice 2432 skidder, Deere 643J fellerbuncher, Deere 648H skidder, Deere 650H Dozer

brianb88

It was great to see MSU get a win last night against a tough Arkansas team. 

It was a heartbreak loss for Ole Miss against Auburn.  It was awful to see OM lose a player to a gruesome injury on what was nearly the game winning play. 
Measure twice, cut once

chain

Just think, if there was only one SEC team in Mississippi, everyone would be friends in the State.  :D

I know all about that in-state rivalry,,,ugly sometimes.

Magicman

We have a Granddaughter that graduated from Ms State.  Her husband is an Arkansas graduate.  ;D  House divided.   :D

Magicman

Top Ranked Mississippi State won again tonight.   8)

Banjo picker

Ole Miss won as well.  They might get back in the top ten, since Auburn lost to A&M.  Have to wait and see.  Banjo

chain

Seems like in the SEC there's always a team waiting down in the alley, like Alabama. MSU will have to play their best game of the season next Saturday. Crazy, typical game last night LSU vs. 'Bama, Bama won in OT...a gift from LSU.

Banjo picker

I saw it.  Starting on the 35 yard line is a pretty good present.  Banjo

Magicman

The Egg Bowl will be interesting.

State will have their hands full with Alabama at Alabama. 

Gadrock

Of course I am a SEC fan. Although many of our teams have accepted a loss they could / can whoop up most all the other teams being raved about this morning. Politics is live and well in the college poll.

MSU will have its hands full with Ala this next go round for sure. ANd any team that thought they could waltz in and take LSU or Ark without earning it, and AUBURN too, would be seriously upset.

The SUgar BOWL is where it is supposed to happen but now the powers that be are trying to push the event to the LEFT Coast!  There is still a little bit of ball season left to finish out the excitement.

Go Dogs...Hail State!

Go Tigers too.
Go Ole Miss

David G

Carry on

Thank You Sponsors!