iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2015 Christmas Contest! WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

Started by Jeff, December 12, 2015, 04:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It's that time of year again!  :)

This year's Christmas Contest is once again sponsored by Logrite Tools, THe Rite Leg Company and Bluecreeper. Thank you Thank you Kevin and Tammy!

Rules:
1. LISTEN TO THE PODCAST. This year things we are mixing things up a little bit. First of all, you are going to need access to a computer or device that can play sound to be able to enter. You will see why near the end of this post.
2.Contest entry deadline is Midnight Eastern Standard time Christmas Eve.
3. Winners will be randomly drawn from successful entries on Christmas Day.
4. We will announce the winners as soon as we can. Hopefully it will be Christmas Day. It may not be depending on how busy we get.
5. You must be a registered member.

There will be first, second and third place prizes, unless someone else decides to throw some more into the mix.

First Prize. A custom Forestry Forum bench made by Logrite tools and The Riteleg Company

Second Prize  A Mill special Logrite canthook

Third Prize A Blue Creeper Prize Package.

Now the details on how to get registered.

Listen to the audio podcast below using the player, or by downloading the mp3 file to your computer or device.  You will learn how to enter there.  Good Luck!!

Or download the MP3 below by right clicking the file and selecting Save Link As
https://forestryforum.com/podcasts/tamiam-christmas.mp3

You will need to know about the line below. When it is completed correctly and visited, you will know it.:)
forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=youranswer

If things are not clear as mud, We'll try to answer your questions as they come up.

Thanks to everyone that entered and congrats to our winners. Please listen to the following recording to see if you won! :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Oh!  I forgot to mention, we are plotting a new Forestry Forum Feature  :)   

Forestry Forum Podcasts.  You'll need to listen to the audio to find a little bit about that as well. :)

pod·cast
ˈpädˌkast/
noun
noun: podcast; plural noun: podcasts

1.a digital audio file made available on the Internet for downloading to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a series

Ljohnsaw

:-\
Well, I listened to the podcast about a dozen times - no luck figuring out the right phrase...

edit:  Ahhhh, got it!! 8)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Hilltop366

ljohnsaw you are persistent I only listened to it 3 times, no luck for me either.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

When entering our answer into the link, does the equal sign need to be there?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Yes, it must be there. You are simply replacing the YOURANSWER part with the correct answer.  Having issues?  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 12, 2015, 08:03:44 PM
Having issues?  ;D

:D....Its not a stroll with Harley if thats what you're asking.  :D :D

r.man

Hey Jeff will you be posting the names of successful entrants? I ask because of the warning about the proper address after getting to the thread. Not sure if I would know if I goofed at that point so that I could redo it but forgot to check on the exact wording before I sent it. I considered redoing it but decided that this was probably less annoying to you.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Jeff

I will reply to every successful entry within a couple hours of submission.

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

yukon cornelius

That was fun! I hope I followed all the rules. I am a bit of a non-conformant  8) or bad at following rules anyway
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

thecfarm

I am past a dozen times. I gotta get outside and get something done.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

Don't let this be harder than it is. :)   Believe me, the answer is right there. If you listen, I'll tell you the answer. (in the recording  :))  Be at peace with the contest my forum friends. don't let it aggravate you. It really is not that difficult.  :)  Once you get it, you will kick yourself for not getting it. :D

So, no one has had any comments on the future podcasts idea...

yukon cornelius

I like the podcast idea. Topics like grits, goats, roasted pigs...... it would be neat to hear from members.

thecfarm

Let's get Jeff and how the FF got started. Yes,there is a post about it,but hearing it would be good too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: yukon cornelius on December 13, 2015, 09:38:01 AM
I like the podcast idea. Topics like grits, goats, roasted pigs...... it would be neat to hear from members.

I like the podcast idea also. Topics like Goats going to the Wheatland, eating Cedar furniture and recycling it into Wicker furniture.  ;D

This forum is FULL of different topics and different folks who know a lot about their craft.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: thecfarm on December 13, 2015, 09:40:43 AM
Let's get Jeff and how the FF got started. Yes,there is a post about it,but hearing it would be good too.

This is a good idea.

Roxie

I love the pod cast idea.  One of the nicest prizes I ever won on the forum was a conversation with a Yooper, Chet.  I still say he sounds Amish.   :D
Say when

Jeff

My daughter came over this morning and brought Tammy's mom for a visit.  Tammy had Sharon sit down and listen to the podcast. When it was over, Tammy asked her if she knew the solution to the puzzle.  Tammy's mom said, "well I think so, it seemed pretty easy".  She then proceeded to give us the correct solution the first time listening to it without any help or guidance.

Jeff

For all of those having trouble figuring this out. It isn't a clue, just a break. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVogUqWScYc

yukon cornelius

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 13, 2015, 10:09:05 AM
Quote from: yukon cornelius on December 13, 2015, 09:38:01 AM

I like the podcast idea also. Topics like Goats going to the Wheatland, eating Cedar furniture and recycling it into Wicker furniture.  ;D

This forum is FULL of different topics and different folks who know a lot about their craft.

I wish you would! We could add a new line of products. Goatwicker furniture  8)

I miss the goats we had.
This week,no joke, I have been using cedar logs from our place here that were pealed by goats. They ate the bark from the cedar trees and then those trees died.

Now carry on with the original topic.  ;D

Tam-i-am

podcasts about grits :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Tamiam on December 13, 2015, 04:45:30 PM
podcasts about grits :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

How about The Tamiam Comedy Hour?

Jeff

I told her I could be HER sidekick. :)

Jeff

Is it really that hard that everyone quit trying? We have three successful entries so far and that's it.

Thank You Sponsors!