iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2006 Forestry Forum Pig Roast

Started by Wildflower, July 20, 2006, 12:03:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildflower

A good place to put faces to the names of the people's posts you have read. Good time and nice people. 8)
August 5. Ya'all come and enjoy.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

Don K

Thought a coupla times I might get to come and bring the wife and she even suggested last weekend that I come by myself. Looked up ticket prices, added up motel rooms, threw in a car rental, thought about my daughter's college tuition coming up and decided I'm going to ask Santa Claus for 2007 Piggy Roast Funds.  Really would love to come and meet you guys, oh well maybe next year.  I will be at Moultrie though unless the Deep South breaks off and sinks into the Gulf.     ;D ;D :D
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

IL Bull

What time does the festivities begin? :P ???
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

Jeff

Unofficially they begin the day before. Officially, probably noonish on Saturday, but if you get to town early or want to come hang out with some of these characters before that. Come on over.  I'll try to get a map together here in the next day or 6. ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Kevin

Will there be an air show or is Noble staying home?

Jim_Rogers

I'll be bringing along the timber framing tools we have for sale if anyone is interested in looking at them, and or course buying one.
These will be displayed on the tailgate of my truck when someone wants to see them, just ask me to show you.....
My plan is to drive west from MA through Buffalo NY and Ontario to get to MI. Will I have any trouble passing through the border with tools on board?

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Jeff

I think kevin was given the third degree one time for bringing tools into the USA to work on some things for his mother in law. Seems thier complaint was he was taking work away from someone else in the USA  if he did it for her. Pure BULL PUCKEY.

Jeff

I'm happy to say that we checked on the porker today and he is cooling his heals just fine in da cooler right now. Weighed in at 160 dressed.  I hate to just call him the Porker so as in past years I will name him. I decided since someone that was supposed to be here is now not going to be here but has been here before should really be here since its just a little water betweenst us, so I am naming da 2006 piggy "beenthere" ;D

More news on da piggy roast front. Do you want the good news or the bad news first?  I'll give you the good news.  The good news is that the porta potty had arrived so we are officially getting close to getting ready. ;D

The Bad news now. :-\  The DanG porta potty is P I N K!

Furby

Quote from: Jeff B on August 01, 2006, 10:01:49 PM
The good news is that the porta potty had arrived so we are officially getting close to getting ready. ;D

Coffee making has started  eh? ;D

Jeff

Jeff

One thing I dont have for the roast and probably no way to get one at this point is a nice big hunk of pine log for playing with the drag saw. :-\

Furby

I got smaller maple.
Actually, I do have a white pine but it's not really big.
Been down since Thanksgiving.

chet

I would be happy ta help out with dat log, but in order ta save on fuel costs I was plannin' on takin' da car.  :-\

Brung a couple of bigun's home today ta fill some slab orders for bar tops.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

beenthere

Quote  so I am naming da 2006 piggy "beenthere" 

The 'end' is near ;D  I'm speechless  :o
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

I hope ya like BBQ sauce... ;)  Ye in good company. We named the first one Norm.  I can recall last year if we had a name, but then again, I dont recall last year either. :D

Norm

It was a little disconcerting showing up late to the piggy roast in 04 to hear everyone saying how good Norm was......barbque sauce and all. :D

asy

"Beenthere", for all of those who wish we had!

It's a great name!

Beenthere with sauce.

Beenthere on a roll.

Beenthere with APPLE SAUCE!!!

hmmmmm

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jim_Rogers

Did you guys every post a map?
If not what is the exact street address for my map program?
I'm printing take along maps today for my trip....
Thanks.

Jim Rogers

Jeff

Kevin_H.

Quote from: Jeff B on August 02, 2006, 12:19:32 AM
I hope ya like BBQ sauce... ;)

Beenthere if I were you I would not be so much worried about if you like BBQ sauce, However, how the sauce is applied would be of great concern, cause that is one big needle.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Furby

Now Jim, just head West and when ya hit Michigan, turn just a bit North and head towards the circling buzzards! ;D

Jim_Rogers

I'll be leaving tomorrow morning around 6 am.....
Staying with friend in London Ontario Thursday night.
Staying in Clare Friday night....
Should be able to find it now....

See you all there.....

Jim

Jeff

If your in clare Friday night Jim, you should run up and find us and say hey to the bunch that is here. You will only be 15 minutes away.

Jim_Rogers

maybe I will, we'll have to see what time I get in.....

asy

Jeff,

If theres over 100 people, assuming an average of 2 per car, thats over 50 cars!!! 

How big is your block???  Where do they all PARK!??? 

Inquiring minds...  yaknow...  :D

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Jim_Rogers

I'm at the pig roast and we all just parked up and down the street in front of the house, both sides. Seems ok right now.
More news later......

Thank You Sponsors!