iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tool belt / apron for large chisels

Started by samm, December 09, 2020, 12:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samm

Howdy gents (& ladies) looking to get some advice on what do you use for everyday tool belt or apron when chiseling out large cants.
I have a common construction belt what for nails, hammer, tape measure.
But I want to upgrade, for use with the large and heavy chisels.  Also smaller pockets for phone, pencil, and layout tools.
I like the idea of an canvas apron. Does anyone make one with long pockets for the large chisels?

Cheers
Keep your stick on the Ice!

doc henderson

If you have the chisels, find a leather craft guy, and have it made for you with pockets the size needed and where you want them.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Lostinmn

I've found I really like a small cart on rollers, add an upright holder for chisels with a spot for each, 2", 1.5", corner and etc.  Wood dividers with leather holster on bottom to protect sharp edge  Also a place to put items like square, tape, mallet and etc. Everything right at hand and easily rolls along with your work.  

Really don't miss the "where did I leave that" searching around any more :)

FairFrank

Quote from: samm on December 09, 2020, 12:38:51 PM
Howdy gents (& ladies) looking to get some advice on what do you use for everyday tool belt or apron when chiseling out large cants.
I have a common construction belt what for nails, hammer, tape measure.
But I want to upgrade, for use with the large and heavy chisels.  Also smaller pockets for phone, pencil, and layout tools.
I like the idea of an canvas apron. Does anyone make one with long pockets for the large chisels?

Cheers
Hey, I think that the best way is to order a custom apron which will satisfy all of your personal requirements. Or DIY it 

Thank You Sponsors!