iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bizarre sequence of events

Started by sawguy21, August 31, 2015, 12:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Karen was home alone yesterday when she decided to investigate some droppings on the deck that definitely didn't come from the dogs. Probably a raccoon. She had gone up three steps onto the lawn when she spotted a black bear behind the shed. She turned to head to the house, lost her balance and landed flat on her back on the gravel. Fortunately the bear carried on her business without any further ado.
She could hear the neighbour but he didn't respond to her calls for help, probably not wearing his hearing aids. She finally found her phone, she had been laying on it, and called 911. She was there 2 hours before the ambulance showed up, not their fault. Tried to call me but it went to voicemail. The hospital tracked down the friends I was with and got in touch. Turns out my phone was not working, battery was charged but I couldn't make or receive calls.
She is sore today but otherwise ok, doctor says she has a sprained back. The dealer rebooted my i-pad, it works now, but I am ready to deep six the DanG thing and reactivate my old flip phone. I hate electronics.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

beenthere

That is a some frightening.  Things can happen so fast. Glad to hear she is checked out but the sprained back will (or may) be awhile.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

Sawguy,

Glad the bear, I mean your wife, is okay. Glad she is going to be okay and hope her recovery I snot too painful or takes too long. My wife strained shoulder Saturday while we were fishing with the girls and she woke up in pain that night. I think she combined the shoulder injury with a sever crick in her neck. Hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

We have poor cell phone reception in our area and lots of places no service. Makes it hard at times to get in touch when we really need to.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Crazy things can happen so suddenly.  I was glad to read that your wife will hopefully recover with only a tale to tell.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

easymoney

phones can be a lifesaver at times. a few years ago a cousin of mine was mowing with a zero turn mower. he got too close to a ditch and it flipped over with him. he had a cordless phone with him. he called for help as he was pinned under it but not seriously hurt. it two hours before he got help to get out from under it. a fat lip and a busted ancle was about all the damage.

Chuck White

Glad to hear she was taken care of and is expectied to fully recover!

That whole episode could have been a disaster.

As previously stated, things can happen so fast!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lowpolyjoe

Sorry to hear it - that's a scare for sure.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I have many more problems with my modern smartphone than I ever had with early flip-phones.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Well, at least we now know where THAT bear poops!

Glad to hear your wife is not severely injured and hope she makes a quick and full recovery.

Herb

Thank You Sponsors!