iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Sawyer to the board

Started by creekrunner, August 23, 2014, 06:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creekrunner

Hello all,  I have been browsing the board for a while and have learned a lot from you all. I have been sawing for about a year under a great mentor in my area on his LT 50 and decided to partner up with him and catch all the business he doesn't because he has made his mill stationary. So I bought and old 1984 LT 30 from a board member on here and have been sawing for myself for a couple months.  Now I have decided to upgrade to the LT35HDG25 to save my back and be able to increase my business. I appreciate this board and all the knowledge and sharing here!  Hope to be more active on here.  Thanks Creekrunner
Retired U.S. Navy,
2014 LT35HDG25

Chuck White

Welcome to  the Forestry Forum, creekrunner

Congratulations on your new mill.

There's a lot of info to gather from and contribute to here on the Forestry Forum.  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

slider

al glenn

justallan1

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, Creekrunner.
There's a wealth of knowledge here and opinions on every side of any question.

Allan

Sixacresand

Welcome to the Forum, Creekrunner
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

JohnM

Welcome a-board, Creekrunner. :) ;)
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Magicman

Hello creekrunner, and Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

creekrunner,welcome. When will you get the LT35HDG25?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Darrel

Welcome creekrunner!  I too have learned much here on FF and am chomping at the bit to put that knowledge to use.  I may get to make my first pile of sawdust next week. Again, welcome!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Qweaver

Welcome Creekrunner. 
I had never even seen a mill run when I bought my LT15.  This forum was my main source of info.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

kczbest

Congratulations on the new mill and welcome to the Forestry Forum!
Hail State!
2013 F150 Supercrew 4x4
John Deere 5303 4x4 with FEL
Cook's MP 32
Cat 289C with Bradco MM60 Forestry Mulcher Head

creekrunner

To answer your question THECFARM, I hope to have it by sept 9th.  It will be nice to not have to break a back as often.. LOL.. 
Retired U.S. Navy,
2014 LT35HDG25

glassman_48

welcome creekrunner,
With all the "bad back" comments in here I am guessing I will wait some and pay more for a hydraulic mill.

Compensation

Welcome, they sure taught me alot.
D4D caterpillar, lt10 Woodmizer, 8x12 solar kiln, enough Stihl's to make my garages smell like their factory :) Ohh and built Ford tough baby!

drobertson

Hydraulics are handy for sure, there are some pretty inventive schemes that folks with manuals have made to ease the burden, but hydraulics pretty much solves that issue.  Welcome, 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

kelLOGg

Welcome. Good to have another NC sawyer.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

samandothers

Welcome Creekrunner!  Sounds like you might have visited Joe and Crew in Albemarle.

Lots of luck to you with the new mill and enjoy!

beamero

Welcome! After growing up sawing with a circular mill, hydraulics are the only way to go if sawing outside of a "small hobby".
2014 Wood Mizer LT40HD
Frick Circular Mill
Ford 555C
Massey 275; 202
Cat D4C XL
Cat 420D IT

scsmith42

Quote from: kelLOGg on August 24, 2014, 08:24:49 PM
Bob

+1.  Lot's of good folks on the FF from the NC, SC and VA areas.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

JohnM

Quote from: scsmith42 on August 26, 2014, 10:04:28 AM
Quote from: kelLOGg on August 24, 2014, 08:24:49 PM
Bob

+1.  Lot's of good folks on the FF from the NC, SC and VA areas.
And, of course, one old goat.  ;) ;D materhead
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

goose63

Yea don't forget the GRITS eating old goat :D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome Creek Runner to the Forestry Forum.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!