iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drive Belt Change Procedure

Started by shopteacher, August 09, 2011, 06:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

Anybody have a procedure for changing the motor drive belt on a LT super 40?  I see no easy way of getting the old belt off and the new one on. Check my Woodmizer manual and their web site but didn't find any info there.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Papa1stuff

Just give WM a call and they will talk you through the steps to do it! :P
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

jcbrotz

Search for bibbymans thread sawmill maintance I believe. He has lots of good trick in there.

Got it for you https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,19439.60.html page 4
2004 woodmizer lt40hd 33hp kubota, Cat 262B skidsteer and way to many tractors to list. www.Brotzmanswoodworks.com and www.Brotzmanscenturyfarm.com

shopteacher

Thanks for the suggestions.  I'll give it a look.

MartyParsons

Hello,
Lock out power to the motor 3 phase

Engauge drive belt

Remove covers, top and side cover under water lube system, cover under motor

Mark location of brake adjustment with a marker

Remove band brake assembly from mill

Disengauge drive belt

Remove old drive belt and install new one.

Some times I am able to remove the oil plug on the up down gear box and squeze the belt past the pulley and the gear box. Sometimes not.
You may need to safely secure the saw head and loosen the up down gear box to get clearance to remove the drive belt.

Once you remove the drive belt loosen the belt adjustment this is in section 5.1 drive belt adjustment.
Reverse procedure

You will need to adjust the brake and the belt support at the motor and the drive belt all together. This is in the manual but if you need help please call.

Depending on the revision of the E25 and if you have auto clutch the adjustment can be tricky. If the belt smokes at idle or the break does not stop the blade when you disengauge, the adjustment is not correct.

If you need help send me an email or call Wood-Mizer techs at Indy.

Marty
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

shopteacher

Thanks Marty,
  Your instructions will go a long way in getting my belt changed.

Thank You Sponsors!