Started by dirthawger, September 02, 2018, 06:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

Careful, girlfriends lead to wives and you dont want that sort of trouble

:D
Praise The Lord

SawyerTed

Mike, don't get that backwards!  That definitely leads to trouble..... :D :D
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Peter Drouin

Call the loggers, Tell them what you're looking for, Tell them they can get paid in two days that will help a lot. :D
Scale it and pay em. 

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

stavebuyer

Quote from: dirthawger on September 11, 2018, 09:45:24 PM
Did a bunch of calling around... found a flooring mill that would buy 1 1/8" x 6" boards for $600-700 per 1000bdft. He said my problem would be how fast i can cut it because it will stain after a day. It might take a few days to cut 1000bdft with my lm29 but couldn't i just cover it with a tarp? Meeting with a tie buyer Friday and i found a pallet mill that will buy pine pallet cants for $400 per 1000bdft. Does that sound decent as far as pallet lumber? I know its only $0.40bdft but cutting cants is easy and i don't have to market it, just cut and haul.  What do yall think?
Flooring lumber is usually sold random width and length sorted into five standard lengths (6-8,9-10,11-12,13-14,15-16).
One day lumber stain is pretty much limited to maple/hickory in mid summer. I have never had issues on oak flooring moved the same week in summer and fall/ winter its no issue. Ties and flooring work well for a small mill and both are in high demand right now. Keep calling. There are several large flooring and tie treating plants around. Ties are in such short supply you may get the buyer to come to you and they will also know who is apt to buy your side lumber.

PA_Walnut

Keep in mind that value-add is important, and generally profitable.
Each step near doubles the value (cost). Timber to logs, logs to board, boards to lumber (dried), lumber to product.
The more of the chain you control, the more you'll make.  8)
I own my own small piece of the world on an 8 acre plot on the side of a mountain with walnut, hickory, ash and spruce.
LT40HD Wide 35HP Diesel
Peterson Dedicated Wide Slabber
Kubota M62 Tractor/Backhoe
WoodMizer KD250 Kiln
Northland 800 Kiln

Peter Drouin

But there's only so many hrs in a day.  smiley_horserider :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

dirthawger

Tie buyer came by today and told me $31 a tie. I thought that was pretty good. That and selling the side lumber might can make a little money

jemmy

If you don't mind me asking what are the dimensions and species of that tie?
Plan for the worst, hope for the best, and take what comes with a grin. - Grandpa Chuck

Thank You Sponsors!