iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Plastic fencing

Started by RavioliKid, July 24, 2001, 01:44:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RavioliKid

I am trying to get my hands on some of the plastic fencing that contractors use to surround their work.

I know you've seen it. It's usually orange. I am trying to come up with the lightest weight stuff I can for a school project.

I've been studying all the fencing I pass on my travels. I never knew there were so many different kinds! Some are wire reinforced, others seem to be very thick plastic.

I keep thinking I might find some lying around unattended - and I could attend to it. but, I haven't had any luck in that area, so I am thinking I might need to break down and buy some. The only thing is...WHERE?

Any ideas?

RavioliKid

Tom

Rav,
Perhaps you can find one of those contractors and talk to him face to face.  Most guys would be more than happy to help out a classroom project.

RavioliKid

Thanks, Tom.

I always figured I could talk someone into giving me some, but I never happened to come across any workers when I saw the kind I wanted.

However, on a whim, I stopped into Quality Farm and Fleet and asked if they had any. They did! I got the last roll of it - 50 feet for $20!

I prefer free, but $20 is better than wondering if I might end up in trouble for "liberating" a length of it from a construction site.

RavioliKid

Tom

yeah, you did good Rav. I was going to suggest that you go talk to your county road department and suggest that they help out "their" county school with a project for "their" children.  :-/

Thank You Sponsors!