iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Share your Spring Activities

Started by Magicman, March 18, 2016, 06:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Roxie already explained "Mud Sales", well yesterday I went to one at our local fire hall and I'm proud to report that for 3 years in a row I sold more stuff than I bought  8), at this rate in about another 40 years I'll have all my unneeded stuff cleared out.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Jeff

We are moving stone walls.  :)    I told Tammy while I am still able to shovel dirt and move walls, I'm moving the wall I built when I was 23 years old so there will be room for my wheel chair ramp. :)

Our tree was murdered by Rabbits that lived behind the wall, (the tree lived there, not the rabbits) so we took it out. The next logical step tpo me was to dig all the dirt out (Wow! There was a lot!) and move that Wall.  I told the neighbors I was going to put up one 3 times as high and MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT! :D :D  Actually, I'm still forming in my mind on what I will do there.  :)

https://youtu.be/Yd0TWuoh3CQ

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brucer

Quote from: Magicman on March 20, 2016, 09:33:11 PM
...  OK then the flagging marks the spot. ...

Not a good picture but yes, the flagging tape was the target. With a white background it's hard to aim the fall so I stuck a branch in the snow with the tape on it.

However ... I missed. If you look very carefully at the first picture you'll see a wire rope heading off to the right. In spite of the lean I figured the tree would hang up because it had so many branches interlocked with the adjacent trees. Sure enough, I had to winch it down. The only decent anchor point was off to one side of the fall line so the tree tended to pull in that direction as it started down.

Mind you, if I hadn't told you, you wouldn't know. Those Cedar branches would have flattened the target even if I was 4 feet off ;D.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

fishpharmer

Quote from: Jeff on March 20, 2016, 09:49:14 PM
We are moving stone walls.  :)    I told Tammy while I am still able to shovel dirt and move walls, I'm moving the wall I built when I was 23 years old so there will be room for my wheel chair ramp. :)

Our tree was murdered by Rabbits that lived behind the wall, (the tree lived there, not the rabbits) so we took it out. The next logical step tpo me was to dig all the dirt out (Wow! There was a lot!) and move that Wall.  I told the neighbors I was going to put up one 3 times as high and MAKE THEM PAY FOR IT! :D :D  Actually, I'm still forming in my mind on what I will do there.  :)

Wheelchair's, walls's  :D :D Dang boss, that looked like a lot of work. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sandsawmill14

we had snow  :o :o :o on the first day of spring only lasted a few minutes though ;D :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

pasbuild

Rode the bike into dad's so we could clean it up and make a few repairs, nice sunny day

4" of snow the next day, looks like I will be picking it up with the trailer.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Chuck White

Not too much going on here!

Been making Maple Syrup, down from last years production, on the verge of pulling the taps.

Took the snow pusher off the JD-1023 and put the loader bucket back on (5 minute job).

Converting the surge brakes to electric on the sawmill, Won't be a big job, redoing the hitch was the biggest part!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

roger 4400

Selling my old 2000 f250 and buying a new F150 Heavy duty payload, it should be here in a month, it will be made in Kansas city in 2 days.......It is funny to see the progress of technology, my old F250 had a 5.4 l , 260 Hp and 350 pounds of torque, The new F150 is 5.0 liter ,385 Hp and 387 pounds of torque, and can haul almost the same load but the new one can tow almost 2000 pounds more than my old F250  :D.....can't wait to see that. Have a nice spring season.
Overhere 30 miles north of Montreal, 18 inches of snow and cold for the season.
Baker 18hd sawmill, massey Ferguson 1643, Farmi winch, mini forwarder, Honda foreman 400, f-250, many wood working tools, 200 acres wooden lots,6 kids and a lovely and a comprehensive wife...and now a Metavic 1150 m14 log loader so my tractor is a forwarder now

yukon cornelius

Chic chick chickens coming tomorrow. New bee hives painted and ready to be placed to see if we can catch some homeless ones. Got some seeds tonight and garden will be started very soon.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Peter Drouin

yukon, put some lemon grass oil at the door of the hive. Bees love it. I got 2 last year that way.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

yukon cornelius

We will try that, peter.  Thanks!

DelawhereJoe

Yukon..have you tryed seeding your hive with old honey comb and queen attractant. I've read that people can pick up a wild swarm that way.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

yukon cornelius

Delaware, that's what I am trying right now. I have never had bees before. I have 2 hives set up but I am only buying one batch of bees. I am trying to attract a second batch.

sandsawmill14

got the garden ready to plant  :) but its supposed to rain tomorrow so i will be done for a few days i guess :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

John Mc

Cutting up the firewood I should have done last fall or over the winter.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

plowboyswr

The Wife has been busy taking easter photos of the kids.

Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

Magicman

Hey, I know them.  :)   Very nice.  8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roxie

Those are some great photo's, and what awesome children!   :)
Say when

gspren

Really nice, your wife has a talent for setting the shot and the kids look like they love it, great photos.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

trapper

my wife remembers them from the chili dinner.  Things like this makes the forum a family.  thanks youkon
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

I re-purposed part of the wall we took down. It's now about twenty feet from where it was and turned upside down and spun 180°. My friend Mike and I used his engine hoist to position it.  It twernt as easy as I thought it was going to be. We've estimated it to weigh around 1000 lbs.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

69bronco

Started tomatoes and peppers, got one raised bed ready for kale and spinach today.

Thank You Sponsors!