iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

any other circular sawmill owners in north east PA?

Started by mikes47jeep, April 19, 2014, 11:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikes47jeep

just wondering,

any one else out there with circular mills in north east PA?

just would be nice to see the way other mills are set up and shoot the breeze with other circular sawyers

I'm about 20 miles due north of Scranton PA

Mike
Ireland No.2 Left Hand Sawmill 48" blade

dblair

you would think there would be someone in north east Pa. that has a sawmill beside you . looks as if everyone is in Va. or Nc.
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

sawdust joe

Mikes47jeep I just recently joined I have been building reconditiong sawmills fore the last 20 years or so.I have both a hand set blade mill and a home brew portable band mill  and meny other peces of machinery that i have built. will try and post pictures asap. you are welcome to stop by if in area.I am about 5miles off of I380 exit 13  please contact me .for visit.  8)
Sawdust joe

Ron Wenrich

There's several in the area, just not on the forum.  They tend to be bigger mills.  What kind of setup are you looking for?  Is your mill a hobby mill or are you planning on doing it for a business?  Setups vary with the type of production and markets you're expecting to service.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

bandmiller2

Aparently those industrious Pennsy sawyers are out working and not sitting in front of the computer. Theirs more mills around than you think there just not here, once you find one he usally knows the rest. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!