iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A new Member of the Family - LT40HDD35

Started by WDH, June 30, 2015, 09:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

After much goading badgering urging, I am posting about the newest addition to my family, a LT40HDD35. 

To accommodate the extra length of the LT40 versus the LT15, I added an additional bay to the sawshed so that I could house the sawmill and still have some room for lumber drying.  I set the new LT40 on the right side and the edger on the left side.  Edger boards come off the mill to some adjacent saw horses in line with the edger, then go through the edger.  Finished boards come off the mill straight back onto a table where the boards can be laid out for spraying for powderpost beetles for the susceptible species like the oaks, ash, hickory, pecan, etc.  Boards that do not need to be sprayed, like the pine boards in the pic, can be flat stacked off the mill then picked up with the tractor and be taken to be stickered on pallets.

The back part of the shed will be used to pre-dry-air-dry lumber.  That is where the old LT15 was positioned.  I had 3 cement pads poured for foundations for air drying stacks.  You can see these at the back of the shed at the end.  They are shaped like a horseshoe.  Using the pallet system, I can stack up to 4 pallets high and air dry up to 7500 bf on the pads under the shed.  In the far left background of the next pic, you can see the planer room with sheds for more air drying space where I can air dry an additional 7500 bf.  This is plenty of air drying capacity for my small hardwood lumber business. 

Here is a view of the shed, sawmill, and edger with pine logs staged for sawing.  These are beetle killed pine that I salvaged off my property.  I have some customers waiting for some "blue" or "denim" pine for paneling.

On the Cooks edger, I took the tires off to be able to lower the infeed table to a more comfortable working height.  I also built an outfeed table to make handling the edged boards easier. 

The last cog in the wheel is the Nyle L53 kiln.  What a great little kiln.  It has made a huge difference for me. 

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

AdamT

Congratulations! I always learn something from your posts.

2017 Wood-Mizer LT40HDD35-RA
2011 Wood-Mizer LT40 HD

It's better to have it and not need it then it is to need it and not have it

Bruno of NH

Nice !!
Great looking set up .
You hit the big time now .
I also like your post on the FF
Thanks
Jim/Bruno
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Hilltop366

Andy White

Danny,
A really first class operation you have there!!! A lot of thought and trial and error to get the flow right I'll bet.
You may be ready to host the next sawing project! Good looking mill. Proper tools for a proper job. "old saying"
I like it all!          :o :o 8) 8)   Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Ga Mtn Man

Congrats on the shiny new mill Danny!  You are going to love having the hydraulics.
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

julio

If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

samandothers

Wow! Congratulations on the new mill.  Great set up,I can hear the excitement in your post, as it should be!  You are a class act!

TimGA

Really nice setup,  congratulations on new mill your back will love you.

Tim
TK2000, Kubota L3130GST, grapple, pallet forks, 2640 Massey w/loader (The Beast) Husky saws Logrites One man operation some portable most stationary.

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

pineywoods

Whee, Danny done went whole hog (old saying). I been hinting and arm twisting Danny for quite a while, trying to get him to add some hydraulics to that lt15 before he messes up his back and shoulders wrestling them big logs. Enjoy Danny. What more could a man want, hydraulic mill, edger, dry kiln, big shed, tractor with forks...congratulations..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Peter Drouin

Is the mill a walk with??? do you have the acuset2???? Do you plan to use the drag back????
Do you have the high speed blade guides???
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

stihltoomany

Congrats on new mill. I am sure you will love it. Wanting somethin like that myself.
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Klicker

Congrats on the new mill and the great setup. Enjoy your new mill
2006 LT 40 HD

Nomad

Lookin good Danny.  Congrats!!! 8)
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Weekend_Sawyer

Wow Danny, what an upgrade since last time I was there!
Nice setup, good thing you are retired...
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Jemclimber

A big congratulations on your new saw.  smiley_applause   Your layout looks very nice. I like it all, except the heat you have there.
lt15

slider

My favorite part was the big fan.Don't want that thing over heating,nor the operator.
al glenn

Chuck White

Congratulations Danny, Great lookin' set-up!   8)   8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

stanwelch

SWEET!!  Congratulations, Danny.  8) 8)
Retired guys have all the fun!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Very nice Danny....but I know why you took the tires off the Edger.  :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Peter Drouin on June 30, 2015, 10:56:15 PM
Is the mill a walk with??? do you have the acuset2???? Do you plan to use the drag back????
Do you have the high speed blade guides???

Looks like a walk along and Simple Set. Congrats on the new mill! Once you go hydraulic, you never go back. 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Thank You Sponsors!