iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Definitive and Final Ranking of All 50 States

Started by Jeff, June 29, 2015, 11:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Perhaps something to kick you off that fence and get you to this year's Pigroast? :) ;)

Published on 6/28/2015

By Kevin Alexander and Matt Lynch
http://www.thrillist.com/travel/nation/ranking-the-united-states-of-america-from-best-to-worst
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

SawyerBrown

Sorry, don't believe it.  Illinois is as rank as they come!   ;D
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

mesquite buckeye

Wow. That was deep and definitive. Glad they like your state, Jeff.

But really? ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Tom L

NJ is ranked 21, so this automatically says the data is flawed and makes no sense what so ever.

we are dead last in almost everything, and not so proud of it, no way it is correct.

Jeff

mesquite buckeye

Really? ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Just sayin' smiley_smug01

;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Jeff

pine

GIGO. 
The authors need to look up the term. 
Not going to dispute the order as everyone has an opinion but the logic and the language they use epitomizes GIGO.

Jeff

For the record, I don't agree with the authors in the least, other than maybe the number one.  ;D I do know if it was Texas they had picked number one, Don Staples would have started at least a dozen new topics telling you about it. :D

mesquite buckeye

These things are fun, but not to be taken seriously. All the states have things they are proud of.  ;D 8) 8) 8) :snowball:

Magicman

Some of those descriptions are mighty  smiley_dizzy

We have traveled to all 50 and there are reasons to avoid and reasons to revisit all of them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

loggah

Those guys who did this poll are smokin to many of those "LEFT HANDED" cigarettes !!! ;D ;D altho they got New Hampshire in the middle which is somewhat correct ! Michigans UP is nice ,i have never been south  of it,traveled across rt 2 a bunch of times.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Jeff

And I consider rt2 the least scenic and least wonderful of the U.P. If you consider that nice, you would fall in love with the rest of it. :)

Magicman

We spent a week in the UP.  We used Indian Lake as our base camp and branched out from there.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

florida

Just remember that Florida is a state populated by people who left their home states. We have a HUGE population of ex-northerners! Lol!
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

petefrom bearswamp

that lump in the authors cheek has to be his tongue
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Texas Ranger

Like, who ever moved up north to retire?  Texas is, the other 49 are not.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Buckshot00

Corley5

US 2 SUXS!!!  For a time it was and may still be the most dangerous stretch of highway in Michigan.  I'm a stressed out wreck after driving it.  Not enough passing lanes and when there is one the car doing 42 mph with 15 vehicles backed up behind it promptly and predictably accelerates to 70+ and then decelerates back to 42 at the end of the passing zone.  M-28 is much more enjoyable. 
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

coxy

Quote from: loggah on June 30, 2015, 05:45:37 PM
Those guys who did this poll are smokin to many of those "LEFT HANDED" cigarettes !!! ;D ;D
haven't heard that saying since my dad passed away  :) :) thanks loggah for putting a smile on my face  8) 8)

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Jeff on June 30, 2015, 12:06:02 PM
Looks pretty hot and desolate to me too.  :)

Hot and desolate! sounds like the perfect place
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Thank You Sponsors!