iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Deposit lt35 or wait a month lt40 wide

Started by Bruno of NH, April 02, 2019, 11:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Marty at Woodmizer pa suggested the 38 hp gas that's what I'm going with
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

Marty would not steer you wrong. You will be VERY happy with that set up. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

I would get the Yarnmar but I'm trying to keep cost down.
I think the gas might be quieter than the yarnmar.
I get along well with my neighbors and my dog makes enough noise chasing the bobcats
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

That mill will do wonders for you and you won't even think of a diesel when you are running it. Talk to @Lawg Dawg I think he has the same one and that man puts out some wood!
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

I just changed my order to the lt40 wide 38 hp gas,debarker and command controls. 

btulloh

HM126

Magicman

I was hoping that you would/could add Command Control.  You now have it optioned out perfectly.  thumbs-up
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

derhntr

You will love the command control 8) 
2006 Woodmizer LT40HDG28 with command control (I hate walking in sawdust)
US Army National Guard (RET) SFC

Bruno of NH

I might not be able to get the lt40
It might have to be the lt35 ☹
The jump in money maybe a deal breaker

Southside

It will be a little slower, but nothing wrong with a 35. Mine built my business to the point I had to upgrade. It will serve you well. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Tom the Sawyer

If math is not a strength, there is an app that you might find helpful for calculating starting heights and other mill related things.

Saw Calc Pro (there is also a free version).  Both US and Metric measurements, figures starting heights, board footage, log volume.  Allows multiple kerfs, variable dog board heights, etc.  Distributed by MicaPeak Solutions
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

barbender

My attitude would be- New LT35! GREAT!!! New LT40 MORE GREAT!!! It's GREAT!!! either way👍👍👍
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

Run the bandwheels off the 35, if everything goes really well maybe you can step right into an LT70 next time like Southside did. The 40 is a great machine, but the 35 and 70 are way better to change blades on. If you never had to experience wrestling a 1.5" blade on an LT40, that wouldn't be a bad thing😊
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

Southside

Bruno, just get them to put hydraulics on a WM-1000 and be done with it.  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Bruno of NH

The mill is sold pending pick up in May

richhiway

Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!