iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guess weight of monster oak log

Started by Joey Grimes, May 13, 2018, 05:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey Grimes

Quote from: Crusarius on May 14, 2018, 04:29:02 PM
next question is what mill is it going on? be nice to know how well some of these beds handle a log of that size.
The lucas mill will be set up around the log and cut where it lays 
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

WDH

I don't owe nobody no coke (coca cola for the uninitiated in Southern lingo.  Not a soft drink, not Pop, that is your Daddy :)).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

nopoint

Had a similar sized cottonwood  a couple years ago. A little smaller diameter, didn't weigh it but the loader picked it up and its rated at 8000. Interesting how the species makes such a difference in weight. Was into the second tank of saw gas before I had it small enough to get onto the woodmizer. Some would ask why... well I guess just to prove I could do it. Couldn't imagine doing the job without the loader. Really admire the work some folks go to moving logs manually or with small loaders etc..

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I often heard it as coker-coler...

mike_belben

Goes great with a slice a peetzer.
Praise The Lord

SawyerTed

Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

DanG

The kind of oak tree that came from is important in calculating the weight. I entered it in the toolbox calculator as red oak and came up with 12,670. Same dimensions as live oak was 15,046. I guesstimated the mid-point diameter to be 55".
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Thank You Sponsors!