iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When you get a "crummy whack"....

Started by timberbeast, April 18, 2002, 03:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberbeast

And kinda pile the stuff aside from the "good" stuff,

Just cut it up,  bring it home,  and put it in the house...this is the living room.  Both bathrooms are the same,  and by summer's end,  should be the whole house.  I've often thought that with a couple of pneumatic nailers,  I could make maore money doing this than selling the "good stuff".

Where the heck is my axe???

RavioliKid

RavioliKid

Paul_H

Very nice Timberbeast,I don't like to see anything go to waste either.It would look good on your website,,just need a high falutin name for your feature wood.

Who says you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear? 8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

hmmmmmmm
Down here, that's what we call the good stuff.

Sometimes I wish I could get one of your good oak logs just to see what it would be like to saw it. :)

It sure is pretty panelling.

Jeff

Looks like cedar to me Tom. Could be wrong.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Yeah, but I want to saw one like I saw (?) at Ron Wenrich's.  Man, you guys get some pretty oak. When I see what y'all call crummy it makes me want to hide my good stuff.  :D

Looks like you got some good cedar too. :P

timberbeast

'Tis in fact,  white cedar.  Had to cut through a blowdown area to get a skid trail into the bigger,  more solid stuff one morning.  I always pull everything out that I can,  since I can mill it and use it myself.  The wife likes it too,  can't find a board with enough knots for her!  She makes me bring home the carpenter ant boards,  as well.  Every time I find a REALLY funky board,  I bring it home "just for her",  and it eventually becomes part of the house!  She'd like me to side the house with slabs,  already have a small outbuilding sided with them.   We took down a couple of apple trees in the yard,  and I made some "boards" with my bandsaw for her,  and I must say that apple lumber is truly beautiful.  Unfortunately,  it was stickered in a corner of the barn when we had our fire........... :-/
Where the heck is my axe???

Frank_Pender

Timber Beat, if you like fruit wood,keep an eye open for Pear, it is beautiful.  One fo the pretties dining tables I ever saw wa out of such wood.   ;)
Frank Pender

Cedar Eater

Beautiful stuff timberbeast. It reminds me of my house. It's completely paneled in vetical t&g pine. Not a painted wall in the place. We bought it this way, but I doubt I could go back to painted walls now.

I try to use all of what I cut down also. If it's too small, it makes good corduroy roadbed. If it's slabwwod, rotten heart or too curved, it makes good firewood for outdoor woodstoves. My uncle gets most of that. Otherwise, I find a buyer or use it. My dad loves it so much he's paneling his deluxe deer blind with it.
Cedar Eater

Thank You Sponsors!