iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tree farmer

Started by dnsnook, February 16, 2012, 07:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dnsnook

hi , i have a tree farmer . it,s the first one i ever had . i,m try to get has much information on it as i can but right now i have a problem with it . i had water in the oil [a lot of water ] i don't know the correct procedure to get this water out but i changed the oil twice in the last two days . still a bet milky .
the next problem is that when the oil is topped up to full i still don,t get any pressure on the hydraulics . the blade will go up and down but it won't lift the skidder off the front like it should . the ram won,t turn the skidder as will but it will move slowly in and out when you disconnect it from on end . not sure if the pump is gone or it,s weak . i,m going to try and see if the is claen and oil is flowing freely . thanks foe any information that anyone can give me . it will be greatly apreciated . i think it,s some where around the 1970's .

madmari

Did you change the filter also? Water is problematic in hydraulics for sure, and if it sat any time with all that water, your pump may need rebuilding. If, at high RPM you don't build hydraulic pressure I would bet the pump is bad, or a stuck relief valve.
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

Autocar

Before you start the skidder in the morning take the oil drain plug and back it out just enough that the water will drain off [ Oil floats water goes to the bottom of the oil pan after setting over night ]. As far as your cylinders it sounds like you need to tear them apart and put new seals on the pistons and new wiper seal and pressure seal on the cap part. It sounds to me your tractor has alot of hours and it could be your cylinder lines have holes rusted in them ,headcasket blown, or cracked head. Before you invest to much get your water problem solved. Good luck Bill
Bill

dnsnook

i don,t think there is a filter in the houseing it goes in . i took it apart and i don,t see anything to change . i took off the houseing  that is there ,   the end cover as pipe attach to it with a few holes in it thats it , i,m thinking that a filter goes on over this but i don,t know where to get one . i live in newfoundland canada . i got the shidder to turn today but it's abit slow at times . i think i still have alot of water in the hydraulics still . i changed all of the oil i could get out so i,m thinking of changeing it again to see if will get any better . how many gpm does these pumps have and can any pump work on this skidders if it mounts on and as the same gpm .

dnsnook

i will try and drian some water from the tank from the plug that should help  . thanks for the reply guys . apreciate it .

dnsnook

also need some information on the winch i can't get to turn or pay out . it,s been sitting for almost a year . it,s a gearamatic , it as the number 9 on it but not sure if it as a plate on it or not , will look at it more tomorrow . thanks for any information guys .

Autocar

Not sure what if your C-5 is anything like my C-7 but in the cab on my left side theres a hand lever about a one foot four inches long. On the top of it theres a filler nut back it out and check your brake fluid,refill and pump the lever up and down then refill again. If it still dosen't work go back to the winch and take the little cover plate off and then back the brake hose off enough that you can bleed the air off. If it still dosen't work unhook the brake line under the little cover and back the swidel out [ It has opposite threads so it will come out just the opposite of a regular pipe thread or bolt . ] Be very careful or you can break it off in the winch. If you get it out ok take the big side plate off [ After you get all the bolts backed out there should be three places that you can thread three bolts back in, putting even pressure on all three it should pop the side plate off. Careful again I suppose a fellow could crack the plate it there not careful about applying pressure. Once thats off try and hook the cluch linnings and pull them out and clean them up and the metal where they make contact also I used fine sand paper. On the inside of the drum your see half moon circles with a bolt holding them, back them out a little and your see the winch linning and the place the cluch linnings make contact move back and forth a little. Slip the brake linnings back in and put a bussiness card between the winch surface and the winch brake bands. Turn the half moon circles till they make a tight contact to the winch drum and tighten the bolt up. Do this all the way around the drum. Now if your very careful you can put the swievel back in and hook your brake line back up and see if it will wind up,then flip your handle back all the way and see if you can pull your line out. Very Very Careful because you don't have a bearing on the one side and you could back the drum out of the other bearing. Now before you try all of this wait and see if other forum members agree ,you may not have the same winch Ive never paid to much attention to mine sence mines a grapple skidder.
Bill

lumberjack48

dnsnook follow Autocar's institutions , free everything up, reset bands, get all the air out.

Heres a instruction manual on a model 9

http://www.paccarwinch.com/pdf/j-152c.pdf
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

dnsnook

now i have a instruction and parts manual , where can i get some parts for this winch . thanks for all your help guys . greatly apreciated .

bushmechanic

Timberparts in New Brunswick,Canada-if your canadian.

dnsnook

thanks for the replies guys .

Thank You Sponsors!