iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New yard ornament!

Started by hackberry jake, July 29, 2012, 09:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hackberry jake

It's an old buzzsaw mounted on a model t frame and axle.

https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Pretty DanG COOL if ya ask me!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

morgoon

Yikes that is neat and scary at the same time :)

How would that have been powered, I assume there is/was a belt drive?
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

beenthere

That saw looks like it is only a part of what it was when functional (if ever). With the frame around the saw, I'd guess it was made to sharpen wood posts for pounding in the ground.

A few farmers still do that around here with split white oak. Hold the end of the post and push the tip past the saw blade to make a four sided point about 15-18" long.

Forty years ago they would pound them in with an 8# maul, while some had a driver mounted on a tractor to drive them (if they could get the tractor along the fence line).

I don't see it as a buzz saw rig for bucking firewood, as the frame would be a bit different - IMO  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

logboy

Sure, it looks neat. But I bet it takes forever to mow the lawn with that thing.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

hackberry jake

It has a flat belt pulley on the other side of the blade. I have no clue what it was used for.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Thank You Sponsors!