iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ornament auction support

Started by Jeff, March 16, 2002, 05:41:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Several of you in the past have mentioned to me monetary contributions to help support the forum. I have always declined as it is not needed at this point. The point of this forum has never been to make money, although its a pleasant thought ;)

What I would ask is that by supporting the Tree of Hope ornament auction that is taking place, you are actually supporting the forum. If you notice, the auction is hosted and maintained by the Forestry Forum. That's not just me, that's us.  

If you think that this is a Michigan thing your wrong. The Tree of hope was a gift from Michigan to our nations capital and to the people of the United States. It was called the Tree of Hope long before that day in September, but as we have been told by many, it truly did become a Tree of hope for them. It was also the first tree of this new millennium, the first tree of this next 1000 years.

The ornaments on that tree all have deep meaning to the people that created them. They knew that after they decorated this special tree, they would eventually become part of this project, a project to help raise funds for homes for Americans that otherwise could not afford one. A home that maybe, in coming years, they could sit at their kitchen table to create their own ornaments for a new tree to keep the cycle of giving and hope alive.

As a member or guest of this forum I encourage you to visit www.ornamentauction.com and bid on a piece of history, and perhaps this next Christmas you can point at that large ornament you have on display and tell your guests about how you became part of the Tree of Hope.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bud Man

I Too am a little surprized to see only 110 registered users at this point. Looks like some good buys to be had on the front end of this most worthey Auction and the minimum reserves, although not posted, seem to be reasonable on the one or two that have been met.  Auction seems to need a little get out the word campaign, I personally will forward my small sphere of contacts !!    I'm gonna   bid on Item #255 American Eagle with Michigan Dangling Down to give to a fellow I know who lives in Michiganderland !!!  8)
The groves were God's first temples.. " A Forest Hymn"  by.. William Cullen Bryant

Jeff

Thanks Bud, Interst should build as we add ornaments and the word gets out. Press releases were sent out friday. We could not do it any earlier because of all th edelays in getting the ornaments back form D.C. and the cataloging process began.

I estimate that there will be aroung 700 to 1000 ornaments in all auctioned. I will be adding them as I get the data. Probably around 20 to 50 new each day. I know there are some treasures out there, but also some that just need a home. :)

Did I mention this should be Tax deductable? ;) Proceeds go to Habitat for Humanity and the arts.

Jeff

Jeff

Been adding new ornaments off and on all day. If you aint went and found one you like, there are more choices now.  Should be adding new for about the next 10 to 15 days. The last auction will end on april 20

Thank You Sponsors!