iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New toy - Kohler 16hp engine questions

Started by Ljohnsaw, March 29, 2016, 08:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Looks like it was made to fit. Good idea. Redneck it.  ;D Good idea to protect the valves stems.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

Heck, that's more genius than redneck  :D!

gspren

Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ljohnsaw

Man, I hate waiting!  My 4 tires were shipped last Tuesday.  They sent me a message that they ship in pairs and they might get separated in transit.  They might arrive a day apart.  Saturday one pair arrived.  Ok, the next should get here on Monday.  Nope.  Today?  Nope.  Figured out the FedEx tracking so I could pick up the second tracking number.  Both pairs arrived in Sacramento on Friday.  One pair came here (10 miles from Sac), the other decided to head off to Phoenix. ::)  Today it is in Los Banos, California (about 200 miles away) and is supposed to make it to me tomorrow.

I cut the old tires off and cleaned up and painted the rims over the weekend.  A bit of rust in the two that had tubes.  Probably from sitting flat in a muddy field for 7 years.  I mounted the one pair of tires with tubes today.  I had to shim the front axle a bit.  There is an angle piece in the right fender to protect the ram that lowers the digging chain.  The tire rubs on it a little.  I stuck about 1/4" of washers between the mount and the axle saddle to push the axle further away from the frame.

My control cables came in late today.  Won't be able to install them and the tires until Thursday  :-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ljohnsaw

Got my second pair of tires today.  Mounted them up and its looking pretty good.  I added valve guards.  I painted the fender wells because the tires had rubbed the paint off and it was rusty.

The "fender" you see on the left was slightly bent (ran into something?) and was hitting the new tires.  Had to bend it out about 1/2".

Yes, I have the tread directions reversed on the front and rear.  Normally, this unit would be going to the right all the time, trenching or back filling.  But since I will be swapping the chain for a snow blower, I need it to be bi-directional.  Just need to install the steering cable and the parking brake cable.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Quote from: ljohnsaw on April 13, 2016, 11:30:46 PMYes, I have the tread directions reversed on the front and rear.  Normally, this unit would be going to the right all the time, trenching or back filling.  But since I will be swapping the chain for a snow blower, I need it to be bi-directional.
If it does not work, you could always crisscross either the front or back.  It's looking good.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!