iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ordered a WM LT28

Started by WranglerSS, September 17, 2016, 07:49:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WranglerSS

Kbeitz  -  I notice you have an agriculture triangle on the back of you arch. I guess I should do the same since I will be pulling it on my road from time to time.
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28
Woodmaxx 8h Chipper/Shredder

Kbeitz

Quote from: WranglerSS on October 08, 2016, 07:58:08 AM
Kbeitz  -  I notice you have an agriculture triangle on the back of you arch. I guess I should do the same since I will be pulling it on my road from time to time.

It is farm equipment so it might help if I get pulled over.
It always depends on the cops mood on what happens when you get pulled over for something.
At least it shows that I'm trying. The law here states that anything with that sign cant travel
faster than 25 mph. I don't take it on any main roads. 
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WranglerSS

Quote from: Kbeitz on October 08, 2016, 08:46:23 AM
Quote from: WranglerSS on October 08, 2016, 07:58:08 AM

It is farm equipment so it might help if I get pulled over.
It always depends on the cops mood on what happens when you get pulled over for something.
At least it shows that I'm trying. The law here states that anything with that sign cant travel
faster than 25 mph. I don't take it on any main roads.

My tractor or UTV won't go over 25mph.
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

timberjackrob

swap the hand crank winch with electric best thing I ever done for mine also get the rollers for the backstop the 28 is a good mill for personal projects and some custom sawing.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

WranglerSS

Quote from: timberjackrob on October 09, 2016, 10:40:16 PM
swap the hand crank winch with electric best thing I ever done for mine also get the rollers for the backstop the 28 is a good mill for personal projects and some custom sawing.

I figured I would crank the winch in the beginning but will probably convert to an electric one. I put a 3500lb electric on the logging arch and it works great.

I'm not sure what the rollers for the backstop are. Can you expand on that mod?
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

Kbeitz

Quote from: WranglerSS on October 10, 2016, 09:09:07 AM

I figured I would crank the winch in the beginning but will probably convert to an electric one. I put a 3500lb electric on the logging arch and it works great.

Makes the log roll easier ...
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WranglerSS

Quote from: Kbeitz on October 10, 2016, 05:12:08 PM

Is that a Woodmizer add-on or a home-made mod?

Makes the log roll easier ...
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

Whitetail_Addict

Congrats on the WoodMizer. I have a 2010 LT28. I second the suggestion to swap the hand crank winch out for an electric one. I think I used the hand crank once... mainly I use the loader on the tractor unless the log is too heavy for the loader.  You're going to love the mill.
2010 WoodMizer LT28, John Deere 4520 w/ FEL, 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel, 2007 Polaris Ranger XP 700, 127 Acres of Northeast hardwoods in New York's Whitetail country

timberjackrob

yes makes the log roll easier when turning it.the electric winch makes the log turner very usefull I have a remote so it can be used from anywhere around the mill.i don't use it for loading logs as I use the tractor for that.we use a marine battery to power the winch a full charge battery will last a long time.
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

WranglerSS

Quote from: timberjackrob on October 10, 2016, 07:39:51 PM

yes makes the log roll easier when turning it.the electric winch makes the log turner very usefull I have a remote so it can be used from anywhere around the mill.i don't use it for loading logs as I use the tractor for that.we use a marine battery to power the winch a full charge battery will last a long time.

Where do you get the rollers?
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

Chuck White

You can order the rollers for the top of the log-stops from Wood-Mizer!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WranglerSS

Quote from: Chuck White on October 11, 2016, 11:49:47 AM
You can order the rollers for the top of the log-stops from Wood-Mizer!

Thank you. It looks like the LT15 comes with them but the LT28 doesn't.
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

Privacyleech

Congrats and welcome! I too have an LT28 (2009) and I love it. I still need a tractor so for now i spend 75% of my time moving/loading logs and moving milled boards around :) all in good time i suppose.

WranglerSS

Finally picked up the mill today!
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

thecfarm

Got any pictures of the smiles?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WLC

Congratulations!  I'm still smiling about mine.  I also have an LT28 had it about a year now.  Love it.
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

WranglerSS

I sawed up some pine yesterday for stickers and some 8/4 boards. This is a very well engineered sawmill.
Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

Brandon1986

WLC, would you be willing to show off that new LT28? I have been right on the fence of buying one and I have looked at them just a couple times I just can't make myself pull the trigger on a new one even though I have a nearly limitless supply of logs and I am pretty sure I could make it pay itself off in a couple years.  PM me if you would be willing to show it off a little bit... I am only a couple miles from you as the crow flies..

WranglerSS

Neighbor had an old walnut log he wanted cut into 1" thick slabs.

Kubota L3240
Kubota RTV 900
Woodmizer LT28

Thank You Sponsors!