iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mobile device and tablet users

Started by Jeff, February 06, 2018, 08:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Can you please give me an idea how the forum is displaying for you? I don't mean with the mobile link at the bottom enabled. I mean out of the box. Try it in portrait and landscape. Many changes made today.  I have 3 things I know need attention yet.

We need to have "new" notifications visible on the index for the topics in mobile views. that is Currently missing.

The post layout concerning the avatar. The avatar and poster info looks just stuck in there. Wonky looking. Either formatting, or perhaps just the avatar size decreased considerably

And the new mobile drop down menu. In android, at least on my phone you cannot select home, because it is already selected. you have to select something else, then go back to home.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Scottasheppard

Jeff I'm on a tablet it looks fine to me but what do I know... I still ain't figured out the site yet...lol but I did get my new hat from kitty today so I'm happy fumbling around until I figure it out. 8)
Aka Porkie

blackfoot griz

Jeff,
The link that pops up automatically takes me to a "listing" page that shows the various forum sections that is all text. I just scroll down to the bottom and click on the "Full Site" box and I go from there. Not sure if this helps you?

Southside

I think you made some of the changes while I was looking at it on my phone earlier.  One second it was the same, the other it was new.  I thought I had done something on my phone and tried to undo what ever it was.  I like the way things lay in the center as I don't have to scroll left or right.  The avatar is odd, probably just too large like you said but it's not a deal killer at all.   I like it more this way than before for sure. I have a Keyosera phone running Android if that helps you. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Yea, making changes that are mostly trial and error on the fly is kind off a nuisance for you guys, but the alternative is to shut the forum down for extended periods. Nobody wants that! :D (not even me)

Banjo picker

I just pulled up the forum on my android, and it looks pretty good to me.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

repmma

Only thing I can suggest is maybe the person's location in small type under their name?
Thomas 8020, Timberjack 225C, Ford 5030 with Norse 450 winch, stihl saws and 142 acres to manage.

Woodcutter_Mo

Android smartphone here. I noticed the change yesterday, it seems like a somewhat simplified version of the original. It seems to be working fine.

Just out of curiosity, what is the little red box near the banner with a 1 in it? I had never noticed it until yesterday.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

69bronco

Looks good on a tablet, once I fumbled and stumbled my way back to log in.

coxy

Quote from: Woodcutter_Mo on February 07, 2018, 06:35:53 AM
Android smartphone here. I noticed the change yesterday, it seems like a somewhat simplified version of the original. It seems to be working fine.

Just out of curiosity, what is the little red box near the banner with a 1 in it? I had never noticed it until yesterday.
i had that this am to it was a post that someone posted on post a couple pic of what your cutting  smiley_dizzy

justallan1

I use a Walmart Motorola touch screen phone and it's WAY more than a night and day difference.
Before I would have to enlarge a part of the screen just to be able to punch on one of the categories and more times than not it would take a couple tries before I got it right. To read a thing I'd have to enlarge it and it was basically just a pain in the butt and not worth the hassle for me.
I just now checked it and can read every word clearly, both portrait and landscape, can see the pics great and hit categories on the touchscreen and they come right up.
Well done Jeff.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The FF Website fits my i-phone perfect now. No more having to slide the full screen back and forth to read
a sentence.  :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jeff

Quote from: POSTON WIDEHEAD on February 07, 2018, 11:50:00 AM
The FF Website fits my i-phone perfect now. No more having to slide the full screen back and forth to read
a sentence.  :D :D :D

This is the goal!  :)

DelawhereJoe

The only thing I've ever had an issue with from my phone galaxy S5, aside from posting pics..not going there, are videos that have been posted it only shows the right 1/3 of the video on the screen.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

Jeff

That may be something I can address at some point.  I can't take time to figure that one out at the moment, so I'd appreciate a reminder down the road.  I'll make me a note here, but that becomes a vicious circle when I have to write a note reminding me to look at my note  :D

Dave Shepard

I have a friend who won't  use a shoppiing list. He says then he'd have to remember  to bring the list.  >:(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

I've had to go back to the truck more than once to get the list that Tammy has sent with me, only to find I had it in my pocket while I was in the store.
smiley_old_guy

21incher

I have a little LG 4.5" Trac Phone and today is the first time that it has been easy to navigate the Forestry Forum on it. Desktop mode even is easy to use with it now. Everything is spaced so the screen doesn't have to be enlarged to know what you are clicking on. Great job Jeff.
I have learned to take a picture of the list with my phone so it doesn't get lost. :D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Southside

Like justallan1 said, and I did not even realize it until he said it, my mondo paw throw back thumbs as my wife calls them, were always hitting the wrong link.  I would zoom in and more often than not even then I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right - not having nearly the same problem with the new set up.

Thanks Jeff.   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

caveman

Jeff,
I have the FF pulled up on my laptop and the photo gallery tab is right where it usually is but on my IPhone, which I am also currently logged on with, I cannot find it.  I typically read the forum on my computer but use the phone to upload pics to my gallery.

Am I missing something?  I saw a menu, which I had not previously noticed, but there is no link to the gallery there either.  I did not have this issue last weekend when adding pictures using the phone.  Not complaining, just trying to figure it out. I am on the full site on the phone if that makes a difference.

Thank you,
Kyle

Caveman

Jeff

The sponsors and gallery link are on the bottom in mobile view. Big link down there.

caveman

Dang, I looked three times before asking.  After you pointed it out I found it.  I suppose I need to consider getting some glasses for the eyes that are not seeing as well as they did a few years ago.  Thanks again.
Caveman

Magicman

Took me a while to fine the personal messages on the phone.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Haven't checked your latest but my the FF on my i-phone often is logged out even though I check the box to stay logged in.  Never on my laptop.  Any idea what I need to check for that?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

The same thing as I have said every other time, a phone is no different. You muut delete the old cookies and cache and bookmarks.

Thank You Sponsors!