iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Fish??

Started by Magicman, April 18, 2016, 10:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

What kind of fish "wood" this be?   

I noticed this fish hanging in a customer's office.  Some may recognize it as a lighter or lightered fish or simply a pine knot fish.  His son found it in a creek over 20 years ago.  He has an auto repair shop so he started pouring leftover clear coat over it and got a very thick buildup.  Kinda unique.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandsawmill14

wood bass ??? :D :D :D  thats pretty neat to hang on the wall :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

LittleJohn

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on April 18, 2016, 11:38:21 PM
I have heard of Bottle Bass, but never Wood Bass  ;D

yukon cornelius

That is a fish stick   ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Onthesauk

In the NW, when big old cedars drop in the river and eventually rot away they leave the stub ends of branches.  Apparently held more pitch, get worn in the river and look like left over saber tooth tiger teeth.  Commonly called "river teeth."   Novel by a NW author by that name.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thats a Tight Ring Eel. They actually grow larger in the lakes of Northern Nebraska.
We studied them in school.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Mooseherder

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Magicman on April 18, 2016, 10:14:38 PM
... He has an auto repair shop so he started pouring leftover clear coat over it and got a very thick buildup.  Kinda unique.

I often feel a great sense of kinship with you Southern guys, and then I hear about stuff like this.....  :D

EDIT: Sorry, I thought it was REALLY a fish....

sandsawmill14

Quote from: LittleJohn on April 19, 2016, 09:36:32 AM
Quote from: sandsawmill14 on April 18, 2016, 11:38:21 PM
I have heard of Bottle Bass, but never Wood Bass  ;D
wood bass is what dad always told us kids we had when we would get to playing with the pole and catch a stick instead of letting it be still.  he would say you aint gonna catch nothing but wood bass if you dont let it be still :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

kiko

We call 'em limb bream around here. 

kensfarm

If you look at it backwards.. could be a side view of a snapping turtle. 

redprospector

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on April 19, 2016, 06:45:29 PM
wood bass is what dad always told us kids we had when we would get to playing with the pole and catch a stick instead of letting it be still.  he would say you aint gonna catch nothing but wood bass if you dont let it be still :D :D :D

Hahaha! I can hear my Dad saying the same thing.  :D I've hooked my fair share of "wood bass" myself.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

terrifictimbersllc

There's a whole aisle in Cabela's for catching those.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!