iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nephew at Grand Ol' Opry

Started by Roger2561, September 17, 2016, 07:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roger2561

One of my older brother's oldest son had a life long dream fulfilled last evening.  The band he's acoustic guitarist for, Mountain Faith Band, performed on The Grand Ol Opry.  The years of hard work are beginning to pay off.  I'm very proud of this young man.  My brother and SIL are on cloud nine.  Roger 
Roger

barbender

That's awesome, it takes some special talent to get on the stage of the Opry!
Too many irons in the fire

sandhills

That's great Roger, I'll have to check it out! I'd be willing to bet my stepson already has some/or heard some of their music.

Carson-saws

OUTSTANDING.....free tickets to his next big show show for all FF members?  Congrats to him!!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

Congrats to your Nephew and the band.  Your Brother and SIL have a good reason to be proud.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Roger2561

Quote from: sandhills on September 17, 2016, 08:06:31 PM
That's great Roger, I'll have to check it out! I'd be willing to bet my stepson already has some/or heard some of their music.

sandhills - A couple of years ago the band was on the reality TV program called America's Got Talent and a lot of people thought they should have won.  But the exposure of being on the program really catapulted them and the gigs have started rolling in.  A month ago they opened for Willie Nelson at a venue in CA and then Charlie Daniels in Vegas.  Just last week they performed at the entrance to the Atlanta Braves baseball park and a huge crowd stopped to listen instead of watching the game.   Roger
Roger

Roger2561

Quote from: Carson-saws on September 17, 2016, 09:14:00 PM
OUTSTANDING.....free tickets to his next big show show for all FF members?  Congrats to him!!!

Carson - Free tickets...sure!  I wish!   :)  You'd think that being his favorite uncle (in my eyes   ;D ) I'd get free tickets...   Roger   
Roger

Carson-saws

Well...no matter..I wish him continued success!!!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Roger2561

Hi all - For the Forestry members who like bluegrass, blues, gospel, etc... type music; the band that my nephew plays acoustic guitar for, Mountain Faith Band, will be performing again on the Grand 'Ol Opry stage a week from today.  I do not have any specifics but as soon as I know more, I'll pass the word along.  Oh, did I mention that they were in the running for 2 Grammy Awards this year?  They didn't win but just to have your name associated with the Grammy's is a huge career boost.  Roger         
Roger

Sixacresand

We have seen them on TV on one of the Gospel Music programs.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!