iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where Do You Find The Time

Started by 038magnum, September 09, 2012, 11:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

038magnum

How do you find time to get on the Forestry Forum?
Now that I have my new mill where does the time go?
After working a full time job all week, when I get home all I want to do is play with the mill. I have been exploring every square inch of the mill in my spare time when I am not cutting wood or reading the manuals. :P It's like going back to school. It sure is fun! smiley_hollywood_cool
I let the grass go an extra few days now I must mow today. I would rather play on the mill!
Maybe one day I can get caught up on the Forum again. pc_smiley

drobertson

hey magnum, glad you were able to find some time, just early in the morning or lunch time or evening, for me, I am just starting to mine the riches of all the topics.  I had no idea of how much stuff is available to learn. Lots of good info in just about aspect of timber,  catch up with you later, headed out to weed eat.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Leigh Family Farm

10 -15 minutes right before bed is how I catch up on the FF topics and threads. Also, the FF mobile is helpful because sometimes I don't always have a newspaper to bring with me...  ;)
There are no problems; only solutions we haven't found yet.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I get on the Forum at 5 am early in the morning.
Get my son to school by 7:30
Come back home, get coffee and get on the Forum.
Go to sawmill.
Come home for lunch.....get on the Forum.
Go to sawmill.
Come home at 3 pm and get on Forum while waiting on school bus.
Check my son's agenda for the day and get him started on homework.
Get on the Forum.
Check homework
Go saw until Wife says supper is ready
Have to wait on busicuts
Get on Forum
Eat supper while I watch the news and get on Forum at the same time
Help clean up.....get shower......watch TV and get on Forum at the same time.
Go to bed and take LapTop and get on Forum.....after everyone else has gone to sleep
Get off Forum after Jay Leno goes off......go to sleep.
Wake up at 2:10 am to go to the bathroom and get a drink of milk....
Check Forum......YEP......OkraFarmer still on it!
Go back to sleep
Wake up at 5 am......get on Forum
Day starts all over.

Any questions Kilgrosh?   :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

I need to learn to multitask like Post.  I catch myself staring at the wall while waiting on biscuits. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

fishpharmer

I would advise that no one get a smart phone or else you will check FF anytime.  I am glad I'm not addicted to FF like poston and okra :D 

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bibbyman

For a year now I've had a smart phone and some 6 months ago we installed a Wi-Fi repeater unit so we can get internet some 300 yards from the house.   So I can check the Forum any idle time I have.   If I'm making a long cut,  I can pull the phone and fire up the Forum and put the phone on the Accuset box, drag back the board, drop to make the next cut, check to see what's happened.  Turn off the phone and put it back into my bib pocket.

I don't often have or take time to reply until noon break or after we stop for the day. 

I find the smart phone faster than the PC and now use it far more than the PC.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Okrafarmer

I have no smart phone, just a PC and a PCM.
When I was at Magicman's house, I was talking to him about our mutual addiction. I work with addicts on Friday nights, and I can tell you right now, that myself, POSTON, and Magicman all show the classic signs of addiction.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

038magnum

I just got back from having to deliver propane. move_it
On call this weekend. smiley_furious3
Grass is finished also.
I did make a stop at the mill before coming in the house.  smiley_blue_bounce
I have a smart phone and I do look on the Forum when I can at work. If I didn't have to drive a lot, I would look at it a lot more. Smart phone are nice but the screen is small. I have to wear the readers to see anything anymore. I don't need glasses except for reading and working on things up close. It sucks getting old! smiley_thumbsdown

rmack

I haven't been posting much, mainly because no sooner did I buy my mill than I had to head back to the frozen wasteland to work.

Haven't laid eyes on my new mill for 6 Weeks... probably be another month before sawdust flies at my house :(

I am reading the forum every night though 8)
the foundation for a successful life is being able to recognize what to least expect the most... (anonymous)

Welder Bob
2012 LT40HDSD35 Yanmar Diesel Triple
1972 Patrick AR-5
Massey Ferguson GC2410TLB Diesel Triple
Belsaw Boat Anchor

bandmiller2

038,this forum is required reading,there may be a surprise quiz at any time.You don't want to flunk sawyer 101. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

schakey

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 09, 2012, 05:28:13 PM
When I was at Magicman's house, I was talking to him about our mutual addiction. I work with addicts on Friday nights, and I can tell you right now, that myself, POSTON, and Magicman all show the classic signs of addiction.
Add me to the addict list. Smartphone and Ipad when laying in motel waiting for work call,when home I am usually up at 3am
coffee and FF time. ;D
Think-Dream-Plan-Do

Okrafarmer

I guess it's time for us to join the FFA.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

paul case

Quote from: schakey on September 10, 2012, 04:41:35 AM
Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 09, 2012, 05:28:13 PM
Add me to the addict list. Smartphone and Ipad when laying in motel waiting for work call,when home I am usually up at 3am
coffee and FF time. ;D

Do you have a PCM too? Your avatar doesn't show it. PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Okrafarmer

He only said he was an addict, he didn't say he has the PCM. Maybe we should launch a PCM contest on here.

thecfarm

How can you not find the time?
First there is a great bunch on here,
second,we all can learn alot on here.
I'm kinda late today on here. I try to get up in the morning and do what I need and head out and start my day and end it on here too.  ;D   It doesn't get any better than that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandhills

smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup  thecfarm, nicest part is that Jeff (and everyone for that matter) keeps it nice enough for my kids to read and learn from.

Magicman

We are all kids, some just younger than others.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

trapper

Quote from: sandhills on September 10, 2012, 09:16:57 AM
smiley_thumbsup smiley_thumbsup  thecfarm, nicest part is that Jeff (and everyone for that matter) keeps it nice enough for my kids to read and learn from.
x2
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

dgdrls

Usually log on at O'dark hundred, or a bit earlier.

Check FF   :)
Then make time to:
Chk CBC news  eh eh
Chk BBC news  Oh that Prince Harry had a "cracking good time"  :o smiley_British_jack

DGDrls

Thank You Sponsors!