iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dozer won't stay running

Started by LeeB, March 21, 2012, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al_Smith

Oh yeah .I had a buddy that mysteriously had an old D2 with a tank full of fiberglass insulation .BWIW those oldies had a big heavy duty screen too before the fuel got to the tank which won't jump out all by it's lonesome .

Okrafarmer

It may have been a kid, just messing around, not really intending any harm, just either not knowing better, or just getting a sudden urge to do it and see if anything happens. Been there, I was a kid for way too long....
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Al_Smith

Well I don't know much about what I consider newer dozers .The old Cats though had a transfer pressure guage that would pretty much tell you if you had clogged filters,junk in the lines etc .

Neat think about pony crankers is if it died in the middle of the creek you could walk it out with the pony motor .I somehow doubt you could move one very far with an electric starter motor .

LeeB

Drained the tank and fitered the fuel a few times and got a little bit of scale out. Tried to run it and died in about 5 minutes. Drained it again and took the fuel line loose at the tank again. Pulled the fuel shut off valve and found another piece of crud stuck in there. I suspect it was there from before and I just hadn't gotten all of it last time. Took about an hour to get the fuel line back on. Hard to do when there is only about a 3 1/2" hole to gat to it. Has to be lined up just right. The air was quite blue around me. Let it run about an hour after getting it all back together. Hopefully it's good this time.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: LeeB on April 02, 2012, 11:38:13 PMHas to be lined up just right. The air was quite blue around me.

Don't tell me your dozer is burning oil.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

LeeB

:D No, I was talking about all the foul language coming from me.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

snowstorm

is there any rust in the tank?? i had rust trouble when i first got this cat excavator. went thru the same thing as you are. i used 2 magnets hooked to a wire so i could take them out . put them in the fuel tank along with a clear in line filter from the tank to transfer pump

Thank You Sponsors!