iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Wow,48°.  :o
It did stay above freezing all night, :o,still 40°. That will soften things up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

Nasty out there now, 54° RAIN, and Windy!     :snowball:
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

chevytaHOE5674

4° very windy with a bunch of snow and lots of drifting. This morning my living room window which is quite high off the ground is almost completely blocked by a large drift..

Don P

Rained here yesterday and all night, we do need it. Michelle checked the garden and high tunnel, a single layer greenhouse with no heat. She had made hoops inside and out over the rows with remay over then and sandbagged down. A good bit of greens made it, some violas were blooming inside. Amazing.

Bricklayer51

Yesterday 51 and no snow today 18 degrees 2 inches of snow wind blowing hard from the north.

thecfarm

Did I say soft? My 6-8 inches of packed down snow on my woods road,is now 6-8 inches of mush,snow mush.  ;D And this is before a steady rain we are suppose to get today. 42°
Seem good to open up the OWB and there is still plenty of wood in it. Those singles numbers day after day,chewed through some wood.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

61 this morning and humid. I'm sweating after walking through a cutover.... a.c. is on already today.

pep

It was +7C at 11:00 pm last night, now it's -18C with windchill in -30's..
-27C tonight :o
Lucas 827 w/slabbing bar
JD 410B
Wood Wiz Surfacing Attachment

SwampDonkey

We have hit 52 here today and has rained pretty hard since noon. The snow depth is half what it was. 3 more days of this and it will be spring time.  ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

We have 34° here now, been raining most of the day, about 1/2 hour ago, rain switched to snow!

Forecasters locally calling for 7-14 inches of snow this time!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I have 46° at almost 8 at night.

chevytaHOE5674

We only got 6-8" of new snow but I pushed back drifts that were to the mirrors on the plow truck. Took the better part of the day to get everything cleaned up and the drifts pushed back all while the sun shined and the wind howled, now it's snowing hard again and still blowing.  Probably be lots of drifting again tomorrow.

Southside

Tornado warning, heading right at us as I type this. Wonderful.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Chuck White

Snowing pretty heavy here now!

Let'r  rip, we need snow for sugarin'!

Southside

Well, have some homeless chickens, but the worst of it went north of us.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

SwampDonkey

47F and still raining hard here, might have to mow the lawn.  ;D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Southside  logger,Glad all is well in your area.
Only 38°here,another night above freezing,that is 2 in a row. Was very foggy on the way home last night.I got home after dark and I will be leaving before it really gets light out, but looks like around the house,the snow has taken a beaten.
Just making room for more.
Looks like some singles numbers at night is coming,20's at high noon.

First part of the week I was selling stuff for frozen pipes,the end of the week I am selling sump pumps to pump out basements that has water in them.

SwampDonkey

She's dropped back to 36 here, still raining but freezing kind, that north wind has some bite.  ;D

Chuck White

Just 10° here this morning!

Been snowing all night, and still coming down, there's around 8 - 10 inches on the garage roof now, there was none there yesterday afternoon!

I just wish it had gotten cold before the snow started adding up!

UPDATE 7:35:  Just took mail out to the box, the snow was almost to the top of my boots, boots are 14"!
The snowplow just went up through, now the snowbank at the road is a little over 2 feet high!
I'll be out there for a while clearing what we have, and it's still coming down heavy!

dgdrls

We're back in the soup here in CNY,  all our regional river ice  broke-up,
Flood warnings, all our snow pack is gone. Now it 15° with a base of ice and its snowing like heck :snowball:

very informative weather map and app here: https://www.ventusky.com/?p=36.1;-89.3;4&l=temperature

How's the southern states contingency fairing?  You folks hanging in there??

Be safe folks,

D

maple flats

6 F here right now, yesterday mid afternoon we had 62 F and light rain. Been snowing all night. A week ago we had -15, then yesterday and the day before it was real warm, now super cold again. The body can't adjust to changes that fast. This is weather that often gets people sick (not just sick of it).
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

goose63

20 below here Iwish that guy up north of me in Canada would close that gate
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Woodcutter_Mo

Quote from: maple flats on January 13, 2018, 08:21:14 AM
6 F here right now, yesterday mid afternoon we had 62 F and light rain. Been snowing all night. A week ago we had -15, then yesterday and the day before it was real warm, now super cold again. The body can't adjust to changes that fast. This is weather that often gets people sick (not just sick of it).

That's the weather that usually does me in  :-X
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Grizzly

Wooohooo!!!!!!!!!!! We're up to -21°C and no nasty wind so far. Feels tropic after -44°C.

I was in MN, WI, and SD with my son the last few days and that was some bitter cold down there with the wind. I won't complain about our wind for a while. Here you might hold the wheel over slightly to correct (while driving) but down there I think I might have been holding the wheel a half turn or so?  ;D
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Chuck White

Finally got the driveway cleared!

We ended up with 12" of snow!

So, the snow-cover is back, just wish the ground would have stiffened up before that much snow!

Thank You Sponsors!