iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Skidder

Started by MoosebrookLogger, February 18, 2012, 02:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoosebrookLogger

Hey everyone, I've been reading and watching the forum for a while now but this is my first post. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any working, inexpensive skidders for sale in Maine. I've been looking at both craigslist and uncle henry's and haven't been able to find much. Mostly looking for a tj although I would consider anything. I've ran both a 440d and 540b deere and love them and would consider either if the price is good. Thanks

JDeere

You might check with Ronnie (can't remember his last name) down in Waldoboro. He buys and sells used skidders. His number is: 207-542-3578. Good Luck!
2013 Western Star, 2012 Pelletier trailer, Serco 7500 crane, 2007 Volvo EC 140, 2009 John Deere 6115D, 2002 Cat 938G, 1997 John Deere 540G, 1996 Cat D-3C, 1995 Cat 416B, 2013 Cat 305.5E

thecfarm

MoosebrookLogger,Just want to welcome you to the forum. Is this for your own use or trying to make some money with it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mad murdock

Welcome to the forestry forum moosebrooklogger. You can broaden your search on Craigslist at allofcraigslist.org
There is a machine somewhere just waiting for you to find it, I'm sure.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

MoosebrookLogger

I'm looking for a machine that may need a little work but nothing too major. I'm looking to cut maybe a load or two a week on nights and weekends with it. I've been leaning towards a timberjack because I know their reputation as being tough and fairly easy to work on. Also they are priced much lower than a deere.

Maine372

theres a 225 TJ in lavant on CL. where the heck is ludlow?

MoosebrookLogger

Ha ha I get that a lot. Its right beside Houlton. As far north as you can go on I 95.

Okrafarmer

Just be careful about those nights and weekends. Easy to make mistakes in the dark....
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Maine372

oh yeah, i got some buddies in lineus. ive even eaten at grammies country inn, have the coffee mug to prove it.

if you can find a local cable skidder logger and him. alot of those guys have parts machines tucked behind a barn somwhere, or know who does.

rick f

Welcome Moosebrookelogger,
I think about everbody is looking for that same machine :D.  My buddy is watching everywhere for a machine in the 7-10 thousand dollar range just to use in the winter for firewood and alittle pulp.

Good luck in your search.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Bobus2003

If you guys wern't so far away.. I know of a couple Deeres for sale (440 & 540)

Maine372

theres also kijiji on the otherside of the boarder. kijiji.com has listings fron newbrunswick. i dont know what the hassle getting a machine across the boarder would be.

Jasperfield

MoosebrookLogger,

Take a look at my TJ 230, posted last week, in the For Sale section of the forum.

I know you're in Maine, but I could help you with freight.

Jasperfield

Ken

There are quite a few listed on the kijiji new brunswick website.  It also appears that there are a number available in this area of central NB for $10-18000.  I don't suspect it would be very hard to get one back across the border.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

HiTech

Welcome to the forum MoosebrookLogger. 1979 Timberjack 208D, 353 detroit, excellent tires, everything works or so the ad says. $12,000 Located in Lowville, New York. 315-376-7575 Just see the ad and see you are looking so I thought I would tell you about it. Good luck in your search. A guy in this area does trucking, he went to Minnesota to get my skidder for me. Terry O'Shaughnessy, 315-771-4399.

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Ken on March 05, 2012, 08:18:32 PM
There are quite a few listed on the kijiji new brunswick website.  It also appears that there are a number available in this area of central NB for $10-18000.  I don't suspect it would be very hard to get one back across the border.

I was going to give a suggestion, trying to be funny, but I guess I won't.  ::)
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

mad murdock

Jasperfield, I bet he'd to for it if you throw in a box of grits with the purchase :D
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Okrafarmer

Grits work pretty good for traction, if you can't afford tire chains.

Jasperfield

snowstorm

Quote from: MoosebrookLogger on February 19, 2012, 10:29:11 AM
I'm looking for a machine that may need a little work but nothing too major. I'm looking to cut maybe a load or two a week on nights and weekends with it. I've been leaning towards a timberjack because I know their reputation as being tough and fairly easy to work on. Also they are priced much lower than a deere.
i might know of a jd in your price range in maine

Thank You Sponsors!