iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally starting a Solar Kiln

Started by vfauto, July 19, 2017, 03:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDW_OR

How are you going to load the lumber?
assume pallet forks. if so then you will need to make the ground in front of the doors level.

in this picture the ground on the left is lower than the ground on the right
this will cause the lumber being loaded to be sloped when loaded.

and maybe a mirror or wireless camera to see how the position of the load is as it is being loaded

"let the machines do the work"

samandothers

Looks great.  If you get chance can you post what the hinges look like on inside of door?
Thanks

vfauto

The hinges are not on the inside????
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

samandothers

Sorry I was not very clear.  How are the hinges anchored on the inside.  You built up/backed under the hinge on the outside but on the inside of the door and kiln did you add a backing board?

vfauto

Door side has blocking and threw bolts, post side has 4.5 inch lags.
The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

samandothers

D6c

Looks great....I like your roof design.  I need to find time to build one myself.

vfauto

Some progress  8)

fishfighter

What kind of paint you used? Looks great.

vfauto

Behr porch and floor flat black because regular paint can that be put on the horizontal surface  and this is a very durable paint

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

btulloh

Looking really good.  Any progress lately?  I'm looking forward to see some of your details for the rest of the build.  I really like what you've done so far.
HM126

vfauto

btulloh

Looking good. Almost ready for a load of lumber.  You do nice work.

I can't really see in the picture, but it doesn't look like any blocking between the rafters where the fans are mounted. That needs to be sealed off to create the plenum effect for air flow through the stack.  Just an observation.
HM126

btulloh

HM126

vfauto

fishfighter

Info on those poly sheets? From Home Depot? Looking real nice. ;D

vfauto

I ordered them from a greenhouse supply co.,home Depot did not have the proper length.

vfauto

Tried to finish siding today but tired!

Savannahdan

That's nice looking.  You'll have to shoot us some pictures of the inside.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Crusarius

I really like how that came out. Just one question. When you have a load of wood in it will the man door still open?

vfauto

Depending on the size of the load.The longer the load the less the door will open. Seemed to be the best option at the time.If I did it again I would build a custom door that opens out?

Crusarius

you can flip it around. Just means the finish trim will be on the outside instead of inside. or the other way around

vfauto

Finally exterior complete. 

Florida boy

This an excellent build, top quality job! You have raised the bar in this one.

Thank You Sponsors!