iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jumpy Backhoe

Started by Qweaver, May 12, 2006, 08:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

My Kubota 3130 has a Great Bend 2175 backhoe.  I've been pleased with it by and large, but the boom and swing movement is just too fast.  It is very hard to dig a flat bottom ditch because the boom-up is just too coarse.  You just touch the joy stick and it jumps up 3 inches.  Also if you are using both joy sticks at once, dipper or curl take all the hydraulics and boom and swing will hardly work and as soon as you stop using dipper and curl...swing and boom just take off like crazy.  My old 1984 Ford with a Bradco hoe was much smoother.

Is there a way to adjust this?  It's driving me crazy!

Quinton
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Tom

the best way is to take it back to the guy you bought it from and beat him over the head with it.

I'd find a Hydraulic shop to tune it up before I would take it to a tractor place.  We have a few specialized Hydraulic shops around here and they understand valving and oil flow a lot better than the mechanics do.

Burlkraft

Qweaver,
I know Brandon could take at her for ya, but it's a little far to come :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

beenthere

Is there by chance an adjustable flow control in the line to limit the oil flow?  Maybe the schematics would show something like a flow control that you can play with. Doesn't sound like fun the way it is working.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

scsmith42

Can you crank your rpm's down to reduce the hydraulic flow?
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

UNCLEBUCK

If this was my symptoms I would say I was low on hydraulic fluid . Sometimes I dig at half throttle but I hear what youre saying and you have a problem going on for sure.  Would a lighter grade of fluid help? I guess I dont have a clue to help out .Sorry  ???
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Skytramp

I am sure that it has some adjustable flow controlls somewhere, probably just needs some tweaking, if not you may want to install some. 
   If all else fails you could just send it over to me and I will have it all adjusted and back to ya in a couple of months, wouldn't  even charge you anything.
Sky
Growing old is inevetable, Growing up is optional

submarinesailor

We had the same problem with a Wood backhoe on a John Deere.  Bringing the RPMs down helped a lot.

Bruce/subsailor

Thank You Sponsors!