iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New and want to say thanks

Started by nyyounggun16, March 02, 2014, 08:04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyyounggun16

I just wanted to say thanks for allowing me to be part of such a great forum. A little back round is I am from about a hour north of Syracuse ny. I love being in the woods logging, well pretty much doing anything outdoors. I have just started my own one man logging company, with insurance and the whole nine. I have a full time job but get laid off in the winter so I am going to give it ago. Currently cutting a very nice job with big cherry maple and birch. The deep snow is really putting a hurting on things and the cold. Well thanks again guys love reading the posts. P.S. Looking for a decent c5 if any of you know of one thanks

pasbuild

Welcome younggun glad ta have ya, do those of us that don't get out in the woods very much anymore a favor and post some pics of your jobs, its the next best thing for use.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

nyyounggun16

Autocar

It won't always be bed of roses but your eather love it or hate it. If you love it your do it for a life time good luck and don't give up  ;).
Bill

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

nyyounggun16

I do love it.I have worked for other loggers in the area and it is nice to finally go to work and have it just be me. But there are times i wish I was working for someone and could just say hey this is broke instead of it coming out of my pocket.even with the weather and break downs I'm still happier in the woods then at my regular job.just wish wood was easier to come by but ddon't we all :)

lumberjack48

A man should never be alone in the woods, theres a thousand and one things that can happen out there. In my 30 yrs of felling trees i've seen very on expecting things happen. I got pinned in the C5 two times, i wasn't hurt at all, but i wasn't going anyplace. If i would have been alone i would have set there and froze to death.

Good luck on your new venture, once that logging bug bites you, he hooked another one and won't let go
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, nyyounggun16.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

nyyounggun16,welcome to the forum. What are running for a skidder? Check out this thread. It will keep you busy for a few minutes.  ;D

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,13313.0.html
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mad murdock

Welcome nyyounggun16. The woods is a great place to call "the office" for sure!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

nyyounggun16

treechopper40

welcome and stick with it you will have good and bad days  both but if your true blue you will make it good luck I have a case skidder that's about the same size as a c5 an very similar to a c5 353 Detroit pr75 Rockwell rears  4spd standard shift with 4 ice chains and 6 chain chokers if your interested let me know
1979 c5d treefarmer 1966 c5b treefarmer prentice g model loader 2 6100 dolmars a 6400 dolmar and a 7910 dolmar 2012 ford f 250 4x4 with a service body and 2 golden retreivers

lumberjack48

The Case is a very good skidder, and the price is right. I ran C5-D's from 1970 to 1990, if i was looking for a C5 and found a Case like this one I'd buy it, just my thoughts. :)
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

stoneeaglefarm

welcome to the forum, There are several c5s listed in the craigs list of Maine, Nh, Vermont, I have owned 2 and they are great pulling machines, I always ran 18 4 26 tires as it fit machine well and kept from hurting the rear ends, They will pull well like any, Just do not over load specially in the cold snow, Load light load often fuel is cheaaper than rear ends, Good luck and There is great things to be had more than money being a woodsmen, Its a exceptional way to live. I hope you are selling your wood for a good price, Learn about grading wood, specially that high grade hardwood, A few extra cuts here and there once you learn your grades can make ya alot of extra money.

nyyounggun16

Thanks for the tip stoneeaglefarm. The 540 dosent likd the cold snow either wants to do some chattering.

thecfarm

I do some chattering in the snow too.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!