iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The GO in LT-15GO...moving the mill to its new home

Started by Clean Image, August 06, 2012, 11:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clean Image

Now that the trailer is usable it was time to get on the road and head North to our property in Washington! Made an appointment to stop at the WM office in Portland and spent a couple of hours with one of their techs doing some fine tuning on the mill and making sure it was ready to cut some serious wood. Good people there which didn't surprise me...they took a few pictures of the trailer which led to a conversation about royalties and such if I see any of my mods showing up in any catalogs  :D

Nice to be home amongst the trees and away from all the asphalt and the masses in the Bay area...I only had time to put a couple of logs on the mill and get her dirty, but is sure was a blast and put a big smile on my face!
Quite the feeling of accomplishment to actually have this all start coming together  8)

Some of these are the DF from clearing the property, a half dozen are WRC that were dropped off by the tree guy. I found a supplier who is going to bring me a full load of WRC this month so I can get going on my cut list. :)

The other reason I was in Wa. (pic below)...it's going to be a slow build but it's all about the journey and not so much about the destination (at least that what I tell the misses)  ;)

After looking at the layout of the garage and the house on the property, my wife turns to me and asks "how come the garage looks like its going to be so much bigger than the house"...she realized almost as quickly as she spoke, what she was asking and how silly her question had sounded  :D

Thanks again guys for all your help! Not only is there wisdom that is passed on in your posts but a level of confidence too!

And for those of you still reading...my next project (or another amongst the many ongoing)...I need another 24hrs in my day :-\

Thank You Sponsors!