iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

So how big was it

Started by Novascotiamill, November 04, 2018, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novascotiamill

My friends son shot a 10 pt whitetail that was sitting in a pile of apples.deer field dressed 245lbs,next day his hunting partner dropped this guys twin,10pointer 246lbs field dressed. I saw the pictures,biggest ive seen shot around here in a long time.both shot from same tree stand too.
2017 HM130
Stihl 261
2010 F150 xtr
Lots of rigid genx5 tools
1 long haired german shepherd
2017 kioti ck2610HST with FEL and forks
Grindlux band sharpener
Wicked 55" root rake grapple
O

sawguy21

:o That is a lot of meat. WOW!
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Jeff

I've heard stories of the monsters in Nova Scotia. A bucket list hunting area.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

crowhill

The meat from them probably isn't very good. Should get some back strap sent to here in Vermont for deer camp Saturday so it can be "tested" for quality! Had some last Sat evening at camp for "youth week-end", venison steak, onions and cheese grinders. Yummy!!
TimberKing B-20, Kubota M-4900 w/FEL with tooth bar, hyd thumb and forks, Farmi winch, 4 chain saws.

thecfarm

That is a bigum and than some.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

starmac

I am not sure what a cheese grinder is, but chicken fried whitetail backstrap, fries,  cream gravy, lima beans and biscuits go away by the platter full, whether anyone else is around or not.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

petefrom bearswamp

When I was a kid, submarine sandwiches AKA subs became grinders when we crossed into Massa2sits.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

mike_belben

When you leave massa2poops and turn south, your beanie turns onto a taboggan. 
Praise The Lord

maple flats

About 4 years ago my grandson shot a 7 point that I wash we had weighed. It was shot from a shooting house erected to help reduce the deer population in my blueberry fields. I knew it was big as the 2 of use had to struggle to pull it onto the back of my F250 with an aluminum flat bed. After gutting it we took it to a local meat cutter who processes about 400 deer a year. My BIL was in the volunteer fire dept the meat cutter was in and after the season the meat cutter told my BIL that it was the biggest bodied deer he cut all year. Still never got the weight, but we got back 3 good sized boxes of meat when a 130# deer often gets less than half that. I will not guess it's weight, but it was not overly fat and it was not past it's prime. That was the biggest bodied deer I've ever seen from these parts. My father shot an 8 point one year back in the early 90's that weighed 180 hanging, after gutting and at the time that was the biggest I had seen, my grandson's was considerably bigger.
P.S, my grandson is now in the Navy, went thru seal training and is now being trained for EOD (explosive ordinance disposal) to be with the seal team.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

gspren

First off: Maple, I have a ton of respect for anyone that makes it through Seal training.
Next, the biggest deer I ever got was 215 lb dressed and that was in Maine near Lake Molunkus, I cant remember the year but I got my name in the papers that year. Around here my deer average more like 110 lb bucks and 90-100 lb does.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Texas Ranger

Biggest I ever killed was a doe in a bean patch in Missouri, had rolls of fat under the skin.  Weighed in around 175 pounds field dressed.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!