iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delta is a stand up company!

Started by woodmills1, October 23, 2003, 04:05:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

Back about three years ago, just before I moved to the new house, I purchased a Delta hollow chisel mortiser.  It was on a special deal that also included 4 drill/chisel attachments.  I got busy with a big moulding job, and then the move, so I never opened the box.  It has been in the garage here at the new place, still in the box.  Tuesday night I finally set it up, having finished rearranging the garage to be able to use my tools.  Nice machine, quiet and well made.

BUT!  no drill/chisel attachments in the box. ??? ::) :-[

The paper work had a number to call for missing parts.  Wife looks at me kinda funny ;D but I call anyway.  On the phone I explain that I know it is old enough to be out of warrenty but really I just now set it up.  I will have to talk with someone about this the customer rep says.  A few minutes later and quess what?

FOUR HOLLOW CHISEL MORTISE ATTACHMENTS ARE HEADED MY WAY[/size][/color]

WOW!  is that customer service or what?  Nice to see that kind of company response! :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

chet

A few years ago my Delta chop saw developed a problem. I had this tool for many years but had only used it occasionally for cutting trim. I sent  Delta an email, letting them know my disappointment. Two weeks later I received a package in the mail with every part needed to totally rebuild the saw.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SasquatchMan

Hah!  That's Delta (Porter Cable) for you.  Try that with DeWalt.  "Sorry friend, you bought our garbage, now it's your garbage."

Actually, it's tough to get a response out of DeWalt at all.

The "Pro" tool makers, Makita, delta/PC, Bosch,and  Milwaukee all have really good service attitudes, as far as I've experienced/heard.  This is one reason the pros use those brands so much.  
Senior Member?  That's funny.

woodmills1

I am amazed at this good company!  I have 6' porter cable orbital sander, detail sander, belt sander and biscut jointer.  All of them have been flawless.  Never bought new Delta before but I promise I will.  I do have a Delta No. 37-595 Saw-Jointer combination that seems to date to the fifties that works amazingly well.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Percy

Delta is smart.Just lookit all the good P.R. they got on this thread. I need a chop saw..... ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

DanG

I been thinkin' real serious about picking up a portable benchtop planer this weekend. 8) 8)  Guess what color I'll be looking at?   :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

woodmills1

I told the phone operator i would talk this up.  The delta advantage, here on FF.  Was using my porter cable disk orbital and also the  detail sander today on a stripped refinshed oak dresser I have had for years. Was thinking about what I needed that DELTA might make.  I think there is a small end table in my future with mortise and tenon joints. Anyone have hints on how to make tapered legs??

LSUNo1

Most of my shop is outfitted with Delta tools. Had a problem with my benchtop planer out of warranty (just barely). We tried a few fixes but nothing worked. Ended up sending a new planer no questions asked. It is good business for them because after that I spent quite a few bucks more on additonal Delta tools.

DanG

Tapered legs are most effective when you make one end smaller than the other.

Another helpful hint on THE FORESTRYFORUM. :P
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

pappy

woodmills1

"Anyone have hints on how to make tapered legs??"

Draw a line where you want your taper to be, then rough cut on either the table or band saw free hand. Cut about 1/8" away from the line, set the jointer at 1/32" and joint it down to the line.

I made oodles this way  ;D

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Haytrader

DanG,

Can we expect regular tidbits of helpful information from you?
Is this going to be on a regular sceduled time table so that we will know when we are going to receive this valuable and useable knoledge?
 :P  :P  :P

(whispers)
Ever since Red Skelton passed on, the wanna be's are comin outa the woodwork.....

:) :) :)
Haytrader

D._Frederick

I was wondering who bought who and when, if Delta and Porter Cable are one?

pappy

D_Frederick,

Looks like, I got this from the Delta web site in the "About Us" page

Evolution Of A Strong Brand
In 1999, Delta began consolidating its operation with Porter-Cable Corporation, a sister company that manufactures portable electric & cordless power tools, air nailers & compressors, generators, and pressure washers. This decision led to a complete relocation of its headquarters and a new 425,000-square foot distribution center to Jackson, Tenn., where both companies are now based. The Tupelo manufacturing plant still remains operational.

http://www.deltawoodworking.com/

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

D._Frederick

davefrommd

I to like delta products but not to sure about the new delta "shopmaster" made in china line. Dave

woodmills1

Speaking of food it is dinner time here, but I did gwt the mortising chisels today, can't tell ifin they are from china. :D

Thank You Sponsors!