iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anchorseal Not Just For Logs!

Started by Stump Jumper, October 16, 2003, 07:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stump Jumper

I have been coating the Wood-Mizer track with Anchorseal to prevent it from rusting when it is out in the weather seems to be working well.  Any thoughts. ;) ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

WoodChucker

How hard is it to remove when you go to use it again, or is ok to leave it on there? Sounds like a good idea to me.

R.T.
If a Husband & Wife are alone in the forrest fighting and no one is around to hear them, is he still wrong anyway?

SawInIt CA

Bibbyman

I wonder how good it'd work as a hair tonic?  The hair on the top of my head just ain't been stoppin' the rain drops before they hit my scalp like it use to. :-[
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

DanG

Probly work pretty good, Bibbs, 'specially if ya mixed a bit of Rogaine with it. :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Stump Jumper

Reply to Wood Chucker you just leave the Anchorseal on like you do any lubricant.

It seems to be a good lubricant.  I am trying it on the drive chain also.
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

oakiemac

I work at the factory where they make Rogaine and I'm pretty sure the main ingredient is Anchorseal ;D Alcohol is the second ingredient!
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Den Socling

Bibbyman,
I have the same problem. If I go out into the rain, it seems like a big drop always finds this nasty spot on the back of my head. It just doesn't feel right!  ???
my mom always said that, if I wear a hat all the time, I would go bald. I've seen a few guys take their hats off and, just like Mom said, they were bald as eggs.  :o She must have been right.
I don't wear hats now but I'm tired of those annoying drops.
Den

Haytrader

I wore my cap to long..........

:'(
Haytrader

Sven Christiansen

Sounds like Bibbyman and a few of the rest of you could use on of Jeff's hats (tell him to keep the holes).

Now, back on topic...

Wood-Mizer promotes the use of transmission fluid as a lubricant and protector of the mail bed rails.   It is imperative that rust is prevented from forming on the rail to ensure maximum life.

Sven Christiansen
Wood-Mizer

Stump Jumper

I have also been using this product as under coating on my trailers. spray it on and through the hot summer months that stuff will migrate everywhere and it only takes a couple quarts. smiley_thumbsup
Jeff
May God Bless.

PawNature

Makes good tooth past. Coats your teeth. no cavities
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Jeff

Quote from: dail_h on December 10, 2005, 06:43:10 PM
   It ain't very good wif goat meat

neither is goat meat. smiley_bucktooth
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Daren

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

arj

works good on leather gloves. also coated fence posts with it and sub-flooring that was gooing to be exposed for a few weeks.

arj

ScottAR

I done went bald and then I started wearing hats...  In the summer to keep from sunburn;  In the winter cuz my head is cold!! 

I guess I'm backwards....   ::) :D
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Duncan

Anchorseal is not supposed to be frozen.

However does any have any experience with it after it is frozen?  I have  5 gallons that I suspect has been frozen.
Kelly

Stump Jumper

Put it in the wife's blender or mixer on puree and and walla good to go. :D :D :D ;D ;D
Jeff
May God Bless.

Ironwood

Duncan,

As I recall if it is not the winterized version (which they reccommend not letting freeze either) then it is hard to get it back into solution. If my memory serves me it was a loss, then again maybe that was the coating that I use on the bottom of the kiln.........................Forget all I just said, I can't remember.  ::)

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!