iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What's for dinner?

Started by 4x4American, June 25, 2017, 07:56:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Lynn (Magicman) and Pat came to see me today.  We grilled some hamburgers and beef brats, added some fresh garden tomatoes, onions, lettuce, homemade sweet pickles, and cheese.  Chips, sweet tea, and peanut butter cookies were also present.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

69bronco

We smoked a pork belly, sliced it thin and made tacos with mango-pineapple salsa. Got the kids and grandkids here for there annual visit.

red

Is dinner at noon time ?
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

tule peak timber

Quote from: 69bronco on June 28, 2017, 08:05:22 AM
We smoked a pork belly, sliced it thin and made tacos with mango-pineapple salsa. Got the kids and grandkids here for there annual visit.
Man ,,,you win 8) 8) 8)
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

4x4American

bacon cheeseburger pizza was dinner tonight.  one of my favorites at the local pizza joint.  $2.50/slice plus a buck for a soder pop.  Cheap healthy and wholesome lol
Boy, back in my day..

gspren

Quote from: red on June 28, 2017, 08:17:14 AM
Is dinner at noon time ?
When I was a kid, long ago, dinner was at noon and supper was in the evening, now I mostly hear people refer to the evening meal as dinner. It probably depends on where you live.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

sandhills

Yep, around here dinner is at noon, supper is when ever I get home to eat it  ;D

Chuck White

While I was growing up, it was Breakfast, Dinner & Supper!

Now most people will say Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner!

Times change, I guess!   ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Not only did Danny (WDH) bring us a wonderful Supper meal, there was also a knock on the door the next morning.  He and his Wife were there with a steaming hot Breakfast.  He will have to post the picture but be assured that  everything was there.   food3
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

In Colonial times, lunch was at noon for the kids and dinner was at 1:00 for the adults.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Grizzly

Quote from: Dave Shepard on June 29, 2017, 10:27:02 AM
In Colonial times, lunch was at noon for the kids and dinner was at 1:00 for the adults.

I wondered if there was something like that cause in my experience common everyday folk talk about supper but more classy people talk about dinner. I even have some friends that are sorta classy and have dinner while I'm having supper.
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

coxy

Quote from: 4x4American on June 28, 2017, 10:02:00 PM

bacon cheeseburger pizza was dinner tonight.  one of my favorites at the local pizza joint.  $2.50/slice plus a buck for a soder pop.  Cheap healthy and wholesome lol
every thing looks good except for them dang cooked green peppers

4x4American

That's my favorite part!  lol.

There was also pickles and they balanced the peppers out. 
Boy, back in my day..

red

Monday is chicken  Tuesday is beef Wed is Prince Spaghetti Day   Thursday is ham or turkey   Friday is Fish

4x4American

Quote from: red on June 29, 2017, 08:04:16 PM
Monday is chicken  Tuesday is beef Wed is Prince Spaghetti Day   Thursday is ham or turkey   Friday is Fish

Well what's sat/sun?
Boy, back in my day..

red

Sat and Sunday was left overs , and road trip Dinners.

caveman

Grilled chicken thighs and split breasts, mashed potatoes, lima beans, corn on the cob with Cajun spiced boiled peanuts after supper.

We had the most significant thunderstorm of the year during the 45 minutes it took for the chicken to cook.  I was counting between lightening flashes- made it to three once.  I was soaked to the bone (old saying) before supper was ready.  Anyway, the chicken was good, must have been the combination of moist heat and cherry.
Caveman

WDH

Quote from: Magicman on June 29, 2017, 09:09:00 AM
Not only did Danny (WDH) bring us a wonderful Supper meal, there was also a knock on the door the next morning.  He and his Wife were there with a steaming hot Breakfast.  He will have to post the picture but be assured that  everything was there.   food3

This is breakfast for breakfast.  Sausage, eggs, grits, and biscuits with maple syrup from the pig roast and delicious honey from Forum member WildBill.  Oh, and coffee too.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Savannahdan

Breakfast of the Kings there WDH.  I've made a pork roast that's cooked for 6+ hours with special flavorings, smokehouse beans supplemented with Great Northern beans, lemonade, veggie burgers, mac n cheese and potato salad.  Oops, add some coleslaw to top off the pork sandwiches and we're good to go.  We're celebrating our youngest daughters birthday with family tonight.  Have fun and a great weekend.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Magicman

There were two sausage patties & biscuits left over which were my supper tonight.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

Rice, broccoli, chiggen, baba ganoush, labne, fresh pita, beer, and more beer.  Visiting with family
Boy, back in my day..

thecfarm

Maple syrup and grits on the same table.  ::) :o   That is not good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

caveman

I agree Ray.  It would be much better to have grits and cane syrup on the table together.
Caveman

4x4American

Idk, maple syrup goes with everything.  I like having a sugarhouse as my next door neighbor, I can always get my fix! 
Boy, back in my day..

tule peak timber

more lamb stew. The power here has been out for over three hours, I've been at it since 4:30 this morning and I need to eat NOW !!!So I turn to the energy source I have plenty of-wood. Took the luke warm crock pot and put it on the BBQ. What will happen to future generations that do no have the skill sets/opportunities we do ?

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Thank You Sponsors!