iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

@#$#%$#&* backhoe

Started by BW_Williams, March 22, 2004, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BW_Williams

Any of you all run a Case backhoe before?  Me neither, till today, my local feller has one that he Don't mind me borrowing to cut lumber out of his burn pile.  But I would like to know what the engineer that designed that boom system was smokin'.  The main(lower) boom cylinder goes "over center" to get in the stow position and to get it out you have to move the lever towards the raise direction and quickly to the lower.  Well, I was unloading the carraige to the Lucas with the hoe in question(who you callin' a hoe?)  and you quessed it. I crunched my mill :(,  now awhile back I posted about tapping my rail with a Hitachi loader and how my heart skipped a beat, today I needed  the AED.  But, thank the lead sawyer above, all I messed up was the push bar and the angle bracket it mounts to, already repaired and we're millin tomorrow!  Thank goodness the only eyes that saw the whole fisco were the dogs, they Don't mind when a nearly 40 year old man cries(but I think they may have learned a new cussword or two :D)  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

Stephen_Wiley

I have not personally run a Case. But my friend Duane who you met has run plenty of them. His comment to me about running them is you have to learn a whole new ball game.  Through experience he got the hang of them.

Glad ya did not have as big of a crunch as ya might have had.

BTW take a look at :  'Shows, Places and Events' Oregon Forestry Fair..... think you might of enjoyed this fair.
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Duane_Moore

:Dphew, how did ya spell that? Glad ya didn't tear it all up, I think I heard them cuss words down here. ;D ;D ;DDuh---Duane.   Stephen. ya feelin better?
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Fla._Deadheader

YUP, they are bad ::) ::)   Wait till ya get used to runnin one, and then ya get another exactly like it, but, someone decided to change the controls to the other sides. ::) ::)  Kinda like a left hand and right hand machines.  The swing part has always been the sloppiest of any machine made.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!