iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2004 honda 350 es rancher, carb issue

Started by drobertson, July 01, 2013, 03:08:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

can anyone give some pointers on cleaning the carb, never had it off, not sure what to look for when I take it off, the only way it will start is with full choke, any load on the motor and it will die, thanks for any suggestions,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

beenthere

david
I'd look at fuel line blockage/leak and fuel filter blockage first, if you haven't already. ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

AdkStihl

J.Miller Photography

breederman

Id put some dry gas in it. I have had the same symptoms and that cleared it up.
Together we got this !

DR Buck

Look for pin holes in the fuel line going to carb.   Probably not getting enough suction without the choke.  Holes are caused by the ethanol.    I've had a number of issue in the past few years and everyone was holes in the fuel lines.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

ely

try a little pressure in the tank to force the fuels thru the carb. mine took a spell of losing its prime.

drobertson

Mercy sakes, common sense goes a long way, I got way to complicated I guess, I will start at the filter, never been changed, sometimes I feel real stupid, well, kinda everyday at some point,  thanks guys,  no leaks like the usual line hole leak, but all is possible, I do run the ethanol,  these are a bear to get to, I reckon I need to take a breath and slow down,  thanks again,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Jim H

Check the things mentioned first. If you have to pull the carb take the bowl off, usually 4 screws. Be careful as they are easy to strip the heads. You'll probably find some gunk in the bottom of the bowl. Next look for the brass jets, the main jet should be in the center between the floats the pilot jet is usually slightly to the side. Make sure the jets aren't clogged. To unclog them try spraying carb cleaner through the hole, if you have to use a small piece of wire be careful not to get it stuck. Spray carb cleaner into every hole you can find and hopefully you'll be back in business. Hope this helps    Jim
2008 LT40HDG28, autoclutch, debarker, stihl 026, 046, ms460 bow, 066, JD 2350 4wd w/245 loader, sawing since '94 fulltime since '98

sawdusty1

Woodmizer LT15
Husqvarna 550xp
Husqvarna 372xp
Husqvarna 350
Husqvarna 55 Rancher
Husqvarna 181se
Kubota L4701

BARPINCHER

SOme of my suggestions are already covered but I'll outline how I work that problem when it happens on my 300.  I've never had to take the carb off or the bowl...
1)  Check/ clean filter that is in fuel on/off valve.  Make sure you turn valve off first.  2) WIth valve off open bowl drain screw on bottom of carb. It just a 1/8" straight screwdriver head located all the way at the bottom but on the side of the bowl. Becareful screw will come out.  You will see fuel run out the drain tube so have a pan to catch the gas.  Don't be suprised at the water and dirt you find in the pan. 3) Leave drain screw open and open tank valve.  Let it run for 15 seconds or so to help flush any remaining crap from the lines and bowl.  4)  Close tank valve, close bowl drain, turn tank valve back on a run it!
Serving hunters and the hunted with science based; non-traditional resouce management methods

Thank You Sponsors!