iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bread!!!

Started by Papa1stuff, August 28, 2018, 08:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papa1stuff

Has anyone else noticed that bread makers are making the slices thicker, some as much as 1/2 in, I guess that way you buy more bread cause there are less slices in a loaf,
I hate 1in of bread and an 1/8 in slice of meat, I know use more meat ,
To may carbs  :( :( :( :(
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Chuck White

Bread is one of my favorite foods, but is bad in carbs., especially bad for those who want to watch their weight!

I usually get the "sandwich sliced" bread, it is thin.

I do see where the bread shelf is getting heavy in the thick slice breads though!

Carbs is the reason I usually opt for a sandwich instead of a sub!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Raider Bill

And here I thought you had posted a great bread recipe.  ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

thecfarm

The title got my attention,that's one of my main food.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WV Sawmiller

I was going to trade you some fresh scuppernong hull preserves for some fresh hot homemade bread too. I'm still drooling thinking about how they would go together with plenty of chunky peanut butter.

Blame the thick cut bread on the Texas toast trend.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sawguy21

I like bread but the price on my favorite brand has gone stupid, $4.59/loaf!!! I won't pay that so wait until it's on sale. If I was really ambitious I could learn to make it but that seems overkill for one person. Slice sizes seem to be fairly consistent at 1/2" which is good, the thick ones won't go in the toaster. I used to see Texas toast frequently in restaurants but the craze has died, maybe because of cost.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Papa1stuff

I do ,sometimes make English Muffin bread in my bread maker ,it is really good toasted 8) ;D
but not to often because of the carbs ,yet right :D :D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

IndianaJoe

I live fairly close to some Amish communities, and they make some of the best applebutter that I have ever eaten. Since applebutter should not be eaten alone, Thick sliced homemade amish bread usually accompanies it.  Not much better than 3/4 inch slice of amish bread with about 1/2 inch of applebutter sitting on top. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Chuck White

I get to sample quite a few Amish foods every once-in-a-while!

I've got two Amish families for neighbors, they bought my brothers farm, which adjoins my property!

They'll randomly drop off a loaf of bread, doughnuts, specialty cakes, etc., it's a wonder I haven't gained weight!  ;D

It's all good, can't be beat!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sawguy21

My Mennonite landlady showed up at the door on Saturday with a bag of treats, fresh whole grain dinner rolls, apple strudel, and cinnamon buns. This lady knows how to bake! This is not helping my waist line either.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Texas Ranger

In trying to reduce white bread I have switched to tortillas, roll ups instead of sandwiches.  But turkey on white bread got to be my favorite.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!