iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hearing aids (again)

Started by sawguy21, November 29, 2018, 01:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Rather than revive an old thread I'll start fresh. After sporadically wearing them for four or five years, they irritated the ear canal, I got fitted with new ones after being tested. What a difference!!! I didn't realize how much my hearing had deteriorated. They are actually comfortable and the sound quality is much better. Only thing was I had to get a new cell phone to run the app. The bluetooth is nice although I am still picking up the phone when it rings. With the GPS I can actually find myself. ;D It doesn't tell me where in the building I left them but at least I know where to start looking if I lose one or both. Next week I get a wireless that plugs into the tv or computer.
Apparently a lot of music venues are installing a perimeter antenna in the base boards, I can have these set so they will pick up the sound as it is being produced on the stage without the background noise. I don't normally go to those but it might be useful.
It was well worth my time to be tested but sure glad BC Worksafe is paying for them at 5200 bucks! YIKES! We tend to take hearing for granted until we no longer have it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

lxskllr

Sounds high tech. I like the idea of having sound piped directly to the ears. Eliminates a lot of sources of distortion. Enjoy your new ears!  :^)

Jack S

I listen to a lot of music I find on utube. Just type in any artist that you like. The only drawback with utube is it uses up alot of data because of the video along with it. I turn off cellular and use my home wifi  which is unlimited.I understand there are other music apps also. The sound quality is unbelievable.     Jack

Thank You Sponsors!