iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Adjusting stop blocks on LT40

Started by jph, January 01, 2007, 01:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jph

Last time I used my  1990  LT40 I noticed the stop blocks on the lower track roller needed adjusting. I  thought I better read the manual before disturbing any settings especially as the mill is cutting straight and square. Having read section 5.5 of the Woodmizer manual where it states
"Use the vertcal bolt to close the stop block gap"
It is not clear from the diagram  how this works. Will I need to  recheck the mill alignment after resetting the stopblocks. Any  advice will be appreciated.

I travel to Wales on Thursday and will spend 4 days in the woods, I am hoping  to play with my new toy a Neuhauser peeler /pointer.

Anyone know  anything about these peelers, I can't find a web site. I would like to get a manual for it.
Thanks
  John

MartyParsons

[Will I need to  recheck the mill alignment after resetting the stopblocks. Any  advice will be appreciated.}
John,   
Yes this will change the alignment. Make sure both lower track bearings are touching the lower track. If you adjust the stop blocks this will move the bearing closer the rail and lift he saw head up on the outside. These Mcgill bearing are on an 45 degree angle when you tighten the 1/2 " bolt it forces the bearing closer. The newer mills the bearings are mounted on a 90 degree vs 45 degree like the 1990 LT30/40 and adjust differently. Please read your manual if checking the adjustments or give WM a call. 
John unless these are way off and/or  the weight of the sawmill head is on one track roller I would not adjust unless you are doing a complete alignment.

The manual states, NOTE: Adjustments of the lower track rollers change the angle between the cutting head

Marty
and sawmill bed rails. Only small adjustments of the lower track rollers should ever be
needed.
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!