iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NCAA Men's basketball poll

Started by Tom_in_Mo., March 18, 2009, 09:49:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom_in_Mo.

Who do you all pick for the final four and then to take it all?

Of course I will have to back the Missouri Tigers though they have been noted to be a little inconsistant. Hey, these boys were only to be finishing 7th in the BIG 12. What I am saying is they are not suppose to be where they are now.

Good Luck to your team!!!!

ADAMINMO

Mizzou all the way baby!!  Go Tigers!!!  8)  8)  8)  8)

Dodgy Loner

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

isawlogs

Who's playing what  ???  Is that anything like hockey  eh eh
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

DanG

I guess you could say it is a little bit like unarmed hockey. ;) :D

Florida State made it to the tournament by finishing second to Duke in the ACC.  Like Mizzou, they've been brilliant at times, but inconsistent.  They have a chance, but I'd put my money on Duke to make it all the way to the finals.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

The Duke , I read that that was John Wayne , I like him too . Whats he got to do with this  :P ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Burlkraft

Wisconsin has Fla. State in the first round  :-\  :-\  :-\

I think it's gonna be a short tournament fer us   :'(  :'(

I think Mich. State has a good chance of being the dark horse...Although I really don't like that Yooper Tom Izzo I'll be cheerin' fer the Big 10  ::)   ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

CLL

Would love to see MIZZOU win, but I think Memphis will win. To many good teams in MIZZOU's bracket.
Too much work-not enough pay.

Tom_in_Mo.

CLL, I am afraid that you are right, in matter of fact I would leave anyone out the way this year has went. I know for Mizzou it is a l...........ong shot, but what the heck.
I do think if Missouri makes it that far, it should be a good game.
Now........... if only Tyler Hansborough would have stayed in Mo. Man........
I haven't really decided who I think will go all the way or even make it to the final four, but will say there is a good chance one or more of the #1 teams will get put out, because like I said before, there is alot of good teams and you had better be playing good ball or you will be going home.
Some of the teams I have watched are not playing near the ball they played earlier in the year, its like they are tired, which I imagine they really are. They have fought hard to keep good ranking. Its some of the teams who have lost their higher ranking during the year, but I would watch out for them.

bmill

University of Northern Iowa. Go Panthers! bat_smailey bat_smailey
1 - 1 - 2 - 3 - 5 - 8 - 13 - 21 - 34 - 55 - 89 - 144 - 233 - 377 - 610 - 987 - 1597 - 2584    Kubota L3400, Loader, Backhoe, 3 point tiller, Stihl MS 390, Very hard working wife!

blaze83

my heart is with Ohio State or Gonzaga but my brain says memphis or north carolina .....should be fun...love tourny time  8) 8)
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

thompsontimber

If Lawson is healthy and Green can remember how to shoot (he apparantly forgot during the ACC tournament), UNC will jog everyone's memory as to why they were so highly touted pre-season and they will cut down the nets.

Doubt there will be any big surprises in the Final 4 this year--I'm guessing UNC, Pitt, Memphis, and I see Louisville getting tripped up somewhere along the line, so I'll fill that slot with Wake Forest (Hard to pick Mich St after seeing what Carolina did to them, it was just laughable)

DanG

Well, I don't follow basketball closely until tournament time, but I do tend to soak up a little info by osmosis.  It doesn't seem that we have a "shoe-in" team this year.  There doesn't seem to be one of those teams that can't be knocked out of contention with one critical injury, or one that can't be knocked off by another team having a good night. "It ain't over til it's over", and it ain't even started yet. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

thompsontimber

That's true, and UNC already has the injury issue.  If Lawson is healthy, they are the best team in the tournament.  If he isn't (which is likely the case), they really have no shot at winning the tournament.  The parity is such that one man does make such a difference. Pitt and Uconn also have lost depth due to injury, bringing them back to the rest of the field. 

pigman

Since the University of Kentucky has turned into a football school, I don't follow basketball any more. ;) :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Kentucky has a football team?? ???

pigman

QuoteKentucky has a football team??
Yes, a  division 3 team. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Jis' funnin' ya Bob.  Kentucky has had a team for a while now.  As a matter of fact, the very first college game I ever attended featured the Kentucky Wildcats, playing the part of the victim.  They hadn't come into it with the mind of being any sort of victim, but they just happened to encounter a Fla. State team at the moment of its gelling.  What whupped their butts was the combination of Fred Biletnicoff and Steve Tensi, who transformed the College game with the perfection of the forward pass as a viable and effective offensive weapon in that level of play.  If I remember right, the final score was 42-6 in FSU's favor, and Kaintuck came in as a top-ten team.  That was the beginning of FSU's first run at national prominence, which most folks seem to have forgotten.  Coach Bill Peterson took them to several major Bowls before moving on to the NFL, and they fell into a period of doldrums for a few years, before Bobby Bowden came in and established a dynasty.  I recall a few special moments from that period, which include things like Bear Bryant shouting from the sidelines, "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON OUT THERE?!" :D :D

But I have digressed from the subject here. ::)  That same year, Uncle Adolf brought his Wildcat roundball team down here and cleaned house! :o :D :D

Kansas

I never imagined Bill Self getting Kansas back into the tournament after losing 4 NBA  caliber players last year. Thats a lot of freshmen on the team to make a deep run in the tourney. Of Course, I have to pencil them in to win it all. If they don't get rattled, they could do it.

I have Cornell taking out Misery in the first round.

Haytrader

Haytrader

jdtuttle

Louisville & Pitt in the finals. Pitt to win. But I like Syracuse.
jim
Have a great day

Tom_in_Mo.

They games have started 8)

Memphis was a little sluggish today, and Butler got sent home.

Kansas I don't see Cornell taking out Misery, but you maybe right, we will see. If they play ball they will be contenders but if they JUST show up than yes they will go home. I have seen them both ways. One night I got so eggervated at them, but they are just kids, right?

DanG and Bob, I too remember when Kentucky was just about unbeatable and can't believe they are not contenders for the final 4.

There are times that this sport seems to have a little politics in it. I seen Obama make his perdiction.  ::)

Well at least I ain't hooked on soap operas 8) 8)

Kansas

You know, thats probably the best thing about college basketball. They truly are kids. The good ones wind up going to the NBA after a year or two. I would much rather watch a college basketball game than a pro one. You never know who really is going to show up on any given night.

Thank You Sponsors!