iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Installing The New OWB

Started by levans, October 23, 2012, 07:59:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levans

The new boiler arrived about a week ago and today she finally was placed in her new home, I know some folks like pictures so she who rules took lots of them. Because we have a shortage of cranes in the area I thought a track hoe might do the job and it did it well.
First things first, the old boiler has served us well over the last eight years but it was old when we got it and an iron bacteria in the well water we used to use took a toll on the steel.

First the magic sky hook lifted the old boiler

Next the magic sky hook lowered it gently onto the trailer for the last ride to the scrap yard

Now it's time for the track hoe

Up

Up

And Away

And she comes down happily into her new home

The roof is almost back on and tomorrow the lines and electrical should be hooked up.

beenthere

levans
Lookin great there.
Nice to see the clever way of out with the old, and in with the new.

Thanks for the pics.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

woodmills1

nice job looks great but...............................boy that looks a lot like my free heat machine(no longer in business)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

same general location also

my burner works great but, the company is gone, and I think the same people started up this company
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Logging logginglogging

Lifted off a trailer and placed my e-classic 2300 with my Allis 715b backhoe. Flattened the front tires right out lifting that sucker but it did it. Those suckers are heavy.

thecfarm

Looks good. Looks to be a big unit. How many BTUs? How long is the firebox?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

levans

thecfarm,
     I'm not sure of the btu  but it's rated to heat up to 6000 sq feet  and it has a round fire box which is 36 " in diameter and 44 " deep.

woodmills1,
Biomass is in TN the boilers are manufactured to their specs by a company in VA.

woodmills1

hope yours works as well as mine but searching has sent me to another company called fischer stoves...............same guy and yet another run away from warrentee on the biomass name  same guy Larry  at least 3 companies and no way to go back

I was supposed to have 20 year warrenty

no big deal I am close to 10 years owning with no probs but hey  why does a guy change his company name every 8 years

woodmills1

round fire box outside booster fan

man the door on the back is exactley the same as mine   like I said I really hope yours works as well as mine still does but hey why do I buy a unit for the 20 year warrenty and the company goes down after 8

levans

woodmills1,
I guess there have been some internal changes, I have the link to the patten somewhere but can't locate it right now. When I went to look at the boiler I actually looked at a Fisher model, I'm pretty sure the Biomass will still be sold and the Fisher will be sold under that name but at a higher price
  I guess Ten years is pretty good service life if the unit is still going strong, as far as warranty, at least as I see it most all of them are on a prorated basis to some extent . I've seen post on here about another brand that would give Me nightmares if I owned one and then post about the same brand where all problems were fixed or the unit replaced. I was burning 30 to 40 face ricks a year with the old boiler if this one gets Me down to 15 to 20 and goes ten years [I've had four heart attacks] I'll be happy and just go with the flow.

woodmills1

I think the name fisher was the name this company owner first used for indoor wood stoves way back to the 70's

levans

Fisher built thousands of indoor stoves and I guess they are still in business, I don't know? Larry and the owner of Fisher are friends so I guess the Fisher owner has given him permission to use the name on an outdoor boiler. We talked about it but I don't remember all the details.

Thank You Sponsors!