iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First Aid

Started by SwampDonkey, May 09, 2009, 10:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

All part of working in woods crews now a days and all pre-commercial thinning crews on crown land where there can be 20 people on one block swinging saws.

This Thursday and Friday we took our First Aid through Saint John Ambulance. I had my guys trained three years ago and this was their expiry. I also attended because we are moving on crown for most the summer and working under a fellow contractor we've known for a long time. So some one else is writing the cheques this summer.  ;D

If anyone has been reluctant to take the course, it's no big deal and you'll be surprised that a lot is just common sense.

The NB WCB is also pushing training tor AED (Automated External Defibrillator) training. We did that to, and as the instructor said all the way along the course, "piece of cake". Although, those suckers are $2500. The ones sold in Canada do not shock on automatic, you have the hit the "shock" button. Not all provinces will allow their use as they are considered a medical act and only doctors can use or assign the use of them. They only shock under 2 of 4 Cardiac conditions, Ventricular Fibrillation (quivering heart) and Pulseless Ventricular Tachycardia (racing heart beat).

Anyway, thought I would bring it up.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Gary_C

I take First Aid and CPR training every TWO years. It's an OSHA requirement and the American Heart Association sets the time at two, not three years. ::)

Those defilibrators we use have an Analyze time and will not shock if not advised.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Gary_C on May 09, 2009, 12:20:29 PM
Those defilibrators we use have an Analyze time and will not shock if not advised.

Yeah, that's the way they all are. Once they are turned on they analyze. But ours are not automated to shock, got to hit the button first then it tells ya to get back before it zaps.  Sure are expensive CD walkmans, eh? ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!